Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Many have reported good improvements, especially with variable speeds on motorways. It reads the sign but doesn't reduce the cruising speed automatically yet so the driver has to intervene. It also gets confused if the maps data is dictating an incorrect speed and if there are no repeater signs within a minute of driving.
Who have reported improvements? I can't say I've seen anything other than the "reading speed limits" which is totally pointless without the "obeying speed limits" aspect.

As you admit it gets confused, and you've suggested turning off lane departure to avoid the steering intervention at junctions, I'd like to welcome you to the "haters club" as you call us.

Who have reported improvements? I can't say I've seen anything other than the "reading speed limits" which is totally pointless without the "obeying speed limits" aspect.

As you admit it gets confused, and you've suggested turning off lane departure to avoid the steering intervention at junctions, I'd like to welcome you to the "haters club" as you call us.
Reading the speed signs for the first time in years is an improvement. Don't get personal on forums which is never a good thing.

Reactions: Alex987854
Reading the speed signs for the first time in years is an improvement. Don't get personal on forums which is never a good thing.
Reading speed signs is pointless unless the car reacts, whether that be increasing speed to not annoy following drivers, or using regen / friction brakes to keep you safe and legal.

The much vaunted tech in Tesla cars is by far its weakest point. Unreliable, unsafe and downright annoying to use. If it wasn't for the efficiency and power delivery, there isn't much to make Tesla stand out.

Reading speed signs is pointless unless the car reacts, whether that be increasing speed to not annoy following drivers, or using regen / friction brakes to keep you safe and legal.

The much vaunted tech in Tesla cars is by far its weakest point. Unreliable, unsafe and downright annoying to use. If it wasn't for the efficiency and power delivery, there isn't much to make Tesla stand out.
Thanks for the feedback. There isn't a lot I can do. I am only sharing what I know and what has been implemented. Knowing what works and what doesn't is equally important.

So it seems that the thread is getting attention from the cynical amongst us, and rightly so. I can't get excited about an extra piece of data (Predicted Arrival SoC) showing on the sat nav, and if anyone needs the "Chime on green light" feature they also need their eyes tested. These features are absolutely nothing to be excited about. Nice to haves, perhaps, but we all know full well what would really be useful.

Don't get me wrong, I love my M3 (meaning by that, the way it drives), but the UI is absolutely atrocious and so left hand drive centric as to be nearly unusable. OK, that's an exaggeration but I think you all know what I mean. And don't forget the HVAC, build quality, etc which are appalling in a £60k car.

Reactions: Alwayshopeful
So it seems that the thread is getting attention from the cynical amongst us, and rightly so. I can't get excited about an extra piece of data (Predicted Arrival SoC) showing on the sat nav, and if anyone needs the "Chime on green light" feature they also need their eyes tested. These features are absolutely nothing to be excited about. Nice to haves, perhaps, but we all know full well what would really be useful.

Don't get me wrong, I love my M3 (meaning by that, the way it drives), but the UI is absolutely atrocious and so left hand drive centric as to be nearly unusable. OK, that's an exaggeration but I think you all know what I mean. And don't forget the HVAC, build quality, etc which are appalling in a £60k car.
there is one feature, worth of like 5 lines of code which is missing:
just display the blind spot cameras on TOP LEFT, where the NAV is. ffs

100% agree.

I think the blind spot thing is a stupid gimmick anyway. The last thing I’m going to do when overtaking is glance at a monitor to my left. And in early 3s, it‘s useless at night time due to the reflection of the indicator.

Moving the speed display back to the centre of the right hand panel would be a good start. Having a more visual warning of going over the speed limit would also be good, rather than the speed limit display (which might be right or wrong anyway) enlarging by all of 3 pixels.

I think it would still be useful for it to detect and display the correct speed limit even if it then doesn’t actually react to it automatically.

It would at least mean you can confidently use the detected speed limit for the cruise control set speed, even if you have to manually initiate the adjustment by holding down the stalk.

As it is currently, it’s frequently unusable - eg displaying a 10mph speed limit on a 50mph road.

There's one feature that now just needs code removing, and thats the decision to not change the TACC speed to the detected speed limit on dual carriageways and motorways, and do what it does on single carriageway roads and follow the speed limit.

I think the blind spot thing is a stupid gimmick anyway. The last thing I’m going to do when overtaking is glance at a monitor to my left. And in early 3s, it‘s useless at night time due to the reflection of the indicator.

Moving the speed display back to the centre of the right hand panel would be a good start. Having a more visual warning of going over the speed limit would also be good, rather than the speed limit display (which might be right or wrong anyway) enlarging by all of 3 pixels.
Not to mention just do a proper job and add a useable speed limiter…

Got the update yesterday. I have the camera in my release notes.
20220711_103320.jpg
20220711_103517.jpg

The Tesla ethos is far too focussed on “self drive”. That would be fine if it did but it doesn’t. It’s only half way there.
It has too many unnecessary “safety” warnings and too few common driving aids that have been left out because “the car” doesn’t need them!
Sadly there is insufficient separation between being driven in a dumb mode and “driving“ itself.
I’ve been driving for over fifty years without causing an accident. I need a car that lets me drive or drives itself as well as I can. I don’t need a car that poops itself when the tarmac changes colour!
rant over. I love the things it does well

Just to add, If indicating just a you receive an incoming call you cannot answer the call until the indicator is cancelled. The blind spot image is clearly wrongly placed. 🤬

There's one feature that now just needs code removing, and thats the decision to not change the TACC speed to the detected speed limit on dual carriageways and motorways, and do what it does on single carriageway roads and follow the speed limit.
Let them first nail the detection. On certain stretches, it gets confused and changes between 50 and 40 instead of maintaining 50. Automatically adjusting the cruising speed with such issues wouldn't make a great experience.