Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The alarm sounding 5 times when opening the door is hit and miss.
it doesn’t go off if the car has been left for an hour or so and it doesn’t always go off after a long period
cat slept all Thursday night no alarm Friday morning
car slept all Friday night, alarm Saturday morning
its probably within spec!

The alarm sounding 5 times when opening the door is hit and miss.
it doesn’t go off if the car has been left for an hour or so and it doesn’t always go off after a long period
cat slept all Thursday night no alarm Friday morning
car slept all Friday night, alarm Saturday morning
its probably within spec!
Try changing the litter more often 😬

Has the live Sentry video feed been removed on this update? Just tried it and it's not there any more. Hadn't tried it for a while so not noticed it until now.

Screenshot_2022-07-24-14-36-48-723_com.teslamotors.tesla.jpg

The vision-based speed sign recognition is pretty good in this new release. The speed limit now changes instantaneously on going through the sign, rather than 10-20m after the sign with the old mapping system.

However, it's still not good enough for speed limit based chimes etc. as it still gets caught out by different types of sign, e.g. it won't read the one massive speed limit signs on the left hand side of motorways. It will read overhead gantry signs now, but often reverts back to 70mph before the next sign comes up, presumably because the speed limit mapping is broken up into small sections and this overrides the vision stuff well before the next overhead gantry

Reactions: RNHurt
New experience for me, today. Was pulling out of a side road onto a main road, indicator on, as I’ve done countless times over the past year+ (nursery run). However, this time half way through the turn the car went nuts giving me a lane departure warning and stating it had applied corrective steer. Indicator was definitely on, so absolutely no idea why the car went nuts. Could be dirt on the cameras/sensors or the way the sun was shining this morning, but definitely an odd one!

New experience for me, today. Was pulling out of a side road onto a main road, indicator on, as I’ve done countless times over the past year+ (nursery run). However, this time half way through the turn the car went nuts giving me a lane departure warning and stating it had applied corrective steer. Indicator was definitely on, so absolutely no idea why the car went nuts. Could be dirt on the cameras/sensors or the way the sun was shining this morning, but definitely an odd one!
I've had this a few times across various versions. Frustratingly I have the option switched off and it still does it.

The car would expect you to follow a mirror-signal-manoeuvre routine, so if you switch lanes immediately after indicating, the detection could have false positives. Or sometimes the lane marking might be incorrect and might have closer lines which could appear as a solid line on the camera.

• Funny
Reactions: DM206433
The car would expect you to follow a mirror-signal-manoeuvre routine, so if you switch lanes immediately after indicating, the detection could have false positives. Or sometimes the lane marking might be incorrect and might have closer lines which could appear as a solid line on the camera.
None of that applies. I was pulling out of a T junction, turning right. I was initially stopped waiting to pull out, with the indicator on. Only after I had started the right turn onto the main road did it start going crazy at me. Absolutely no reason for lane departure to have kicked in in these circumstances. The car was clearly confused by something.

Updated to 2022.20.7 from 2022.20.6:

IMG_1132.JPG

Hoping it fixes the false early collision warning of parked cars. It happened once in 2022.16.3 and again in 2022.20.6. Seems to occur when turning left at a T junction or exiting a roundabout, where in both cases there are cars parked on the left side. Between the updates I did give the cameras a good wipe to ensure nothing was obstructing their "vision", but still seems to be an issue. This wasn't an issue in previous versions and the 2000 odd miles I had done in the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: roadcred