Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my experience it happens when using the phone key and just opening the door fully with it, when the car is asleep. It lets you open the door, but I’m guessing is slow to realise the phone key is there, so the alarm goes off.

As said above If you press on the handle and just pop the door, but not open it properly until a couple of seconds or so later, the alarm doesn’t seem to go off.

It also doesn’t go off if I unlock it with the fob before opening the door.

I had an open service request for this but Tesla closed it after saying “the logs show nothing”. It is the case that the car doesn’t register the alarm as having gone off, nor do I get an alert on my phone. Tesla said as far as they could see nothing strange had happened (which is disconcerting in its own way)

i updated to 20.7 yesterday went out this morning to load up the car for golf and had the alarm going off when i opened the door, not great timing 6.30am on a Saturday morning when the rest of the street tucked up in bed!
The same thing happened to me at 7:30 this morning as I nipped out to the supermarket. I moved the car off the driveway, put another in its place and went back into the house before leaving and it only did it on the initial unlocking when the car was asleep.

Its happened a few times since the update the other day. Mines a 2020 M3P using the phone key. It’s built in Fremont.

I don't know if it's a coincidence but since 20.7 downloaded though not installed my rear camera has stopped working for both reversing and dash cam.

It was working first thing this morning when I went out.

I've decided to install the update and see if it fixes it.

Just to add myself to the list of people with the alarm bug. Found this out 7am yesterday, haven't had this issue before the latest update. Luckily for the sake of neighbours I reacted quickly by shutting the door and re-opening which silenced the alarm.

Just to add myself to the list of people with the alarm bug. Found this out 7am yesterday, haven't had this issue before the latest update. Luckily for the sake of neighbours I reacted quickly by shutting the door and re-opening which silenced the alarm.
Yes, me too on the piercing alarm beeps. Didn’t do it when opening with card on B pillar. I decided to do a 2 button reboot and leave it overnight … haven’t tried today yet but keeping my fingers crossed. Fortunately we don’t have close neighbours but it’s the kind of thing that will get a strong reaction from my other half! Also had a warning about an issue with the emergency call system… but I’ve seen that in the past and it sorts out after a sleep.

Reactions: EVMeister
The same thing happened to me at 7:30 this morning as I nipped out to the supermarket. I moved the car off the driveway, put another in its place and went back into the house before leaving and it only did it on the initial unlocking when the car was asleep.

Its happened a few times since the update the other day. Mines a 2020 M3P using the phone key. It’s built in Fremont.
Exact same here.
2020 M3, built in Fremont.
Alarm goes off when opening the door with usual phone unlock.
Started with 2022.20.7, downloaded 2 days ago.
Alarm lasts 5 beeps and then shuts off.
Have tried rebooting to no avail.