Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. Alarm goes off when opening the door since the 20.7 update. To the people who say they haven't got this issue, it only happens when you open the door from a sleeping state using your phone key. If the car is already awake when you open the door then nothing happens.

For now, my wife and I are using our key card to avoid waking the neighbours up until a fix rolls. out..

Reactions: Adopado
Same here. Alarm goes off when opening the door since the 20.7 update. To the people who say they haven't got this issue, it only happens when you open the door from a sleeping state using your phone key. If the car is already awake when you open the door then nothing happens.

For now, my wife and I are using our key card to avoid waking the neighbours up until a fix rolls. out..
Opening any other door than the driver’s gives silent entry

My app says I'm 68% downloading on 20.7 but the car says I'm up to date with 20.6 with no sign of a download...
Still stuck like this today. Cars got wifi, tried a reboot. Tried change language and back..cars not showing the download but it has the green download icon showing . 🤔
Screenshot_20220731-105457_Tesla.jpg

20220731_105433.jpg

Yes, me too on the piercing alarm beeps. Didn’t do it when opening with card on B pillar. I decided to do a 2 button reboot and leave it overnight … haven’t tried today yet but keeping my fingers crossed. Fortunately we don’t have close neighbours but it’s the kind of thing that will get a strong reaction from my other half! Also had a warning about an issue with the emergency call system… but I’ve seen that in the past and it sorts out after a sleep.
I too had the notification about the eCall system not functioning but haven't been back to the car for a day or so, so hopefully it will be OK. Do Tesla do any quality control of software releases?!

You can also stop the alarm going off by not fully opening the door straight away. Just pop it slightly, then wait 3 seconds, then open it properly.

Other workarounds as mentioned include:
  • Waking the car up in advance with the app
  • Unlocking the car with a key fob
  • Opening the boot and then subsequently door
Basically anything that walks the car up first before you open the drivers door fully will stop the alarm going off. The number of beeps is random, I think, based on how fast the car realised that your phone key is present.

Yes, me too on the piercing alarm beeps. Didn’t do it when opening with card on B pillar. I decided to do a 2 button reboot and leave it overnight … haven’t tried today yet but keeping my fingers crossed. Fortunately we don’t have close neighbours but it’s the kind of thing that will get a strong reaction from my other half! Also had a warning about an issue with the emergency call system… but I’ve seen that in the past and it sorts out after a sleep.
I updated from 16.3 to 20.7 yesterday. First time I opened door with phone key! I got the alarm beeps, so did the 2 button reset. Nothing since, but I always get the emergency call error after a reset - just ignore it. I thought there was an update that included use of braking when regen was degraded,but nothing on this. Was it pulled? I'm in a 2020 SR+