Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated from 16.3 to 20.7 yesterday. First time I opened door with phone key! I got the alarm beeps, so did the 2 button reset. Nothing since, but I always get the emergency call error after a reset - just ignore it. I thought there was an update that included use of braking when regen was degraded,but nothing on this. Was it pulled? I'm in a 2020 SR+
Bear in mind that you don't get the alarm beeps if the car has already been wakened or if you open any door before the driver's door. I entertained Sainsbury's car park this afternoon ... I just told a passing customer that I was in the midst of stealing the car ...

I usually have my car plugged in whilst at home ... and I release the cable using the app as I walk towards it ... so the car is actually awake by the time I open the driver's door and therefore no alarm beeps.

My Fremont SR+ doesn't get the regen/braking thing either.

[Edit: I have scheduled a service appointment in relation to the alarm beeps ... I expect it to be cancelled by the Service Centre but just want it to be registered by Tesla as an issue. I suggest that others consider doing the same so that Tesla is left in no doubt that this is something that requires to be sorted out promptly.]

Last edited:
On 2022.20.7, I now have the alarm bug, but I did not have it yesterday, although I had the latest software yesterday. The 5 or 6 high-pitched beeps is very annoying.
If you woke the car before opening the door it doesn't do it. If you opened with card/ring it doesn't do it. If you open another door before the driver's door it doesn't do it. Certainly annoying but thankfully it can be worked around until it's fixed. Have you made a service appointment?

Reactions: RedMod3
If you woke the car before opening the door it doesn't do it. If you opened with card/ring it doesn't do it. If you open another door before the driver's door it doesn't do it. Certainly annoying but thankfully it can be worked around until it's fixed. Have you made a service appointment?
Thank you. Using phone, If I open passenger door, close it, and then open driver door no alarm. If I open rear door then close it and then open driver door no alarm.

I was worried that adding my Hansshow display may have caused a problem as now I get a manual prompt to connect to phone Bluetooth.

No service call booked, I’ll wait for software fix.

Attachments

• 4FBDC29C-3A1B-4092-926A-8D8D52E11642.jpeg
    4FBDC29C-3A1B-4092-926A-8D8D52E11642.jpeg
    335.9 KB · Views: 332
Anyone tried standing on one leg while opening the door?

I've had the "beep" but no more than a quick one, and not the lock/unlock one which I turned off straight away, on and off since I got my car. I've not been able to work out any logic, maybe the time between approaching the car and pulling the handle - ie a short pause from once the car knows you're there before trying to open the door gives it time? Either way, you shouldn't need to do it.

maybe the time between approaching the car and pulling the handle
My theory is that it seems the car is taking too long to disable the alarm, so if you unlock by pulling the handle and opening the door straight away the alarm is still armed and the door sensor/interior sensor triggers the alarm. By using the keycard on the door pillar there is enough delay for the alarm to be disabled before the door is opened - so you could probably unlock in the app as well. It only seems to be an issue with the drivers door which is very strange.

Why this piece of code was even touched, given the release notes is a puzzle. More so that it got through testing and QC before being released - I wonder if it is just a RHD driver's door issue?

The fact that the issue has been in .5, .6 and .7 releases is shocking. This isn't a minor issue when people are waking up their neighbours when using their cars in the middle of the night.

Reactions: Durzel
I'm in the new club too!
But I'm glad because Tesla did this: I have a neighbour which park almost in front of my drive obstructing me and my partner to get out... yesterday evening when I'm back home tell me about the allarm at 4am🤭
My response was like yours "I'm really sorry "🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Of course this morning the allarm did their wonderful job😉

I'm in the new club too!
But I'm glad because Tesla did this: I have a neighbour which park almost in front of my drive obstructing me and my partner to get out... yesterday evening when I'm back home tell me about the allarm at 4am🤭
My response was like yours "I'm really sorry "🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Of course this morning the allarm did their wonderful job😉
Ahh...the joys of escalating a neighborly dispute into a blood feud👍😎

I agree, but if people aren't reporting it to Tesla, then Tesla will think it is a minor issue.
My mobile service this Wednesday to look at the alarm issue, has been pushed back to the 24th. No doubt it will get cancelled entirely.
However, I’ve given them a date and time of the last occurrence for a remote diagnostic.
I’ve also told them that the alarm goes off only if the car has slept for a few hours or more and the driver’s door is opened normally with a phone key.
if another door is opened first or the driver’s door is slightly opened for a few seconds, and as I found this morning, if the car is plugged in waiting to charge, the alarm doesn’t sound. (There May be others, key card etc)

Reactions: goRt and init6
Thanks for the tip on the alarm - I am on 20.7 and following the guidance on here and haven’t been caught out yet.

For the first time for a long while I had the beep-beep when opening the boot. Anyone else? I cancelled previous ranger visit pending the .16 software (which seemed to have fixed it).

Bear in mind that you don't get the alarm beeps if the car has already been wakened or if you open any door before the driver's door. I entertained Sainsbury's car park this afternoon ... I just told a passing customer that I was in the midst of stealing the car ...

I usually have my car plugged in whilst at home ... and I release the cable using the app as I walk towards it ... so the car is actually awake by the time I open the driver's door and therefore no alarm beeps.

My Fremont SR+ doesn't get the regen/braking thing either.

[Edit: I have scheduled a service appointment in relation to the alarm beeps ... I expect it to be cancelled by the Service Centre but just want it to be registered by Tesla as an issue. I suggest that others consider doing the same so that Tesla is left in no doubt that this is something that requires to be sorted out promptly.]
Yes you are right about the alarm pips. I got them again this morning. I can't believe Tesla don't error test software before release....... Hang on, I've had the car over 2 years - I AM A BELIEVER!!

Inconsiderate neighbours should be fired out of a cannon and into space.
I’d certainly do that to mine, the horrible woman feed pigeons on an industrial scale. Makes a right mess of my car. Don’t worry she’s already been warned by the council of a fine of up to £25k should she not desist. It did improve for a short time but it’s steadily getting back to the way it was before the council put her on notice. I think another call to environmental health may be in order soon.

I’d certainly do that to mine, the horrible woman feed pigeons on an industrial scale. Makes a right mess of my car. Don’t worry she’s already been warned by the council of a fine of up to £25k should she not desist. It did improve for a short time but it’s steadily getting back to the way it was before the council put her on notice. I think another call to environmental health may be in order soon.
Tom Lehrer has advice on this problem:

Reactions: Katic1972