Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was impressed that having loaded 2022.20.7 the car was picking up motorway overhead speed limits - until I noticed that sometimes it didn’t, and sometimes the displayed speed limit reverted to 70 after a few hundred yards. Pretty useless for the moment. It also picked up a yellow advisory 60 as a speed limit and displayed it as a speed limit with a red circle. My Mobileye equipped Nissan was doing this job perfectly 5 years ago. Come on Tesla - must do better.

Was impressed that having loaded 2022.20.7 the car was picking up motorway overhead speed limits - until I noticed that sometimes it didn’t, and sometimes the displayed speed limit reverted to 70 after a few hundred yards. Pretty useless for the moment. It also picked up a yellow advisory 60 as a speed limit and displayed it as a speed limit with a red circle. My Mobileye equipped Nissan was doing this job perfectly 5 years ago. Come on Tesla - must do better.
I found something slightly different with the overhead speed limit signs. If the speed limit was sign said 60mph, the car would update correctly and then stay correct... Until I approached the next speed limit sign. Once i was near the next sign (few hundred metres) the speed limit in the car would change back to 70mph until I passed the ove head sign, at which point it went back to 60mph

Reactions: RNHurt
I found something slightly different with the overhead speed limit signs. If the speed limit was sign said 60mph, the car would update correctly and then stay correct... Until I approached the next speed limit sign. Once i was near the next sign (few hundred metres) the speed limit in the car would change back to 70mph until I passed the ove head sign, at which point it went back to 60mph
Either way the displayed limit shouldn’t change until there is new information!

I’m also suffering the alarm on opening door problem - which I’ve reported.

Alarm issue reported yesterday via service appointment & this reply within a few hours. Response as expected from Tesla.

IMG_2554.png

Release notes say a sound will be heard when stopped and red light turns green. Is this only for EAP / FSD? I haven’t heard it but I don’t have EAP. Does it work for those that do?
I don't have EAP, mine bongs. It's a little delayed (I'd have normally moved off before it bongs), so you've got to be patient or risk a grumpy driver behind. You do have to turn it on...

And it's the SAME bong as everything else - how hard would it be to have a slightly different bong or sound - the car is bongtastic 😜

Alarm issue reported yesterday via service appointment & this reply within a few hours. Response as expected from Tesla.

View attachment 835824
Nice to know it's not just me! How they managed to bugger it up is quite concerning - not like it's not the main way they advertise of opening your car - you'd think they might have tested it! Thankfully mine only seems to trigger the alarm first thing in the morning or after it's been left for several hours.

Nice to know it's not just me! How they managed to bugger it up is quite concerning - not like it's not the main way they advertise of opening your car - you'd think they might have tested it! Thankfully mine only seems to trigger the alarm first thing in the morning or after it's been left for several hours.
That’s the norm. Just open a rear or passenger door first. It’ll keep quiet then

My US built 2021 Model Y now has 2022.20.7 and have not seen any alarm issue. Took a long time to download and thought was stuck at 50% but eventually finished and no problems. This seems like a UK thread so not sure if some other difference.

My US built 2021 Model Y now has 2022.20.7 and have not seen any alarm issue. Took a long time to download and thought was stuck at 50% but eventually finished and no problems. This seems like a UK thread so not sure if some other difference.
It could be just a UK thing ... but not based on the country of manufacture ... I am in the UK and have a Fremont Model 3 that has aquired the alarm issue. (More recent Model 3 and Y supplied to the UK no longer come from the USA.)

It could be related to opening the front left hand door, rather than the front right hand door when first entering the car after a long sleep. I note it didn't set the alarm off if I open the right hand door first. It wouldn't surprise me if they only do software UAT before release in a right hand drive car.

Reactions: CWT3LR
It could be related to opening the front left hand door, rather than the front right hand door when first entering the car after a long sleep. I note it didn't set the alarm off if I open the right hand door first. It wouldn't surprise me if they only do software UAT before release in a right hand drive car.
That has crossed my mind too. Though, it was never an issue in the past if I approached the drivers door but my wife opened the passenger door first or if she approached the passenger door and I opened the driver side door first ... something has definitely been tampered with ... very odd!