Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They’re so tacky. Imagine having to explain to your young kid why it says “sexy” and what that means 🙄
Agree the name is naff, and agree that ideally they wouldn’t be necessary for the simple stuff, but given that they are I’m glad to have them…and you can’t see them in my car as they’re stuck out of sight.

Glovebox button:
21178A93-EA50-49FD-B9A7-B386B4C7FE6C.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 21 MiC and no alarm bug that I can see/hear.

Off topic but I want to raise it: Yes, software testing is seen as a last minute thing, always has been. Long periods of UAT seen as bureaucratic and time wasting, an unfashionable throwback to the olden days of waterfall design approaches. Tesla are not doing this - they clearly use "Agile" development and have been quoted as having a "move fast and break things" approach to software development. I have said this before - that's fine if you're building a web site, but irresponsible for a safety critical thing like a car. We all know what this means - dangerous phantom braking, mostly. You can add the performance of the auto wipers and lights to that list, and now, inconsistent speed limit recognition (a safety issue if it increases the TACC speed automatically, which I think it doesn't). The system also raises alerts when it misreads junctions and can apply corrective steering in response to these alerts (very dangerous, happened to me on a motorway last week). Don't forget, if you hear a loud alarm going off in the car while you are driving it, you are likely to react improperly out of shock and this is also dangerous. However, much of what the car does is in that grey area called "AI" and so you have a system being "trained" on how to react to driving situations, rather than an algorithm someone has thought out and has absolute control over. I see a flaw with this appoach..! How do you debug a spohisticated AI system that has been trained rather than coded? How do you know a change made in one area won't have repercussions elsewhere?

Reactions: MovingSouth
I think Agile development can work for Tesla if their software development lifecycle is robust enough. When you have cars of varying and complex configurations, then that’s going to be a challenge.

I manage a team of agile software engineers that work on software that is critical to the org’s success, and QA is so important to that success. Software engineers think they know how to mark their own homework because they wrote the code, but in truth they don’t because tunnel vision can kick in when unit testing. So it’s also important that QA is there to challenge them but ultimately help them improve.

If Tesla want to fail fast they need to fix fast too, and I don’t think the latter is happening quickly enough in some cases as there are too many targets to aim for when releasing software to the cars.

I’d say that their regression coverage and configuration management needs vast improvement. They also need to stop releasing so many variants of the same bloody car.

They’re so tacky. Imagine having to explain to your young kid why it says “sexy” and what that means 🙄
Blame Elon, really. When there were just three cars planned, Elon specifically wanted them to spell the word 'sex'. The Model E got changed to Model 3 at the last minute because some other company was planning a launch of a Model E around the same time, I think.

On day 4 of it going off randomly however I have found that pressing the handle in and waiting till you hear the click of the main breaker before pulling the door opens seems to give the car enough time to disable the alarm and avoids upsetting the neighbours at 7am.

I assume someone has buggered up the entry sequence code, seems it happily unlocks the doors, trips the breaker on and for some reason waits till last to disable the bloody alarm!

Has anyone on 2022.20.7 noticed the indicator 'clicking' noise has gone?

I am surprised by how annoying it is, as I keep thinking I am not indicating.
I suggest that you may want to check that all your speakers are working. For anyone with an SR+ that doesn't have Premium Audio then that is normal i.e. indicators are quiet because the A pillar speaker is not active ... but if you have an LR or P then you should hear a more defined click ... if you've lost the sound it may be an indication that the speaker is no longer active.