Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It does look promising. Maybe vision will reduce phantom braking, which seems much less of an issue with US vision only cars.
I’m sure the issue of phantom braking increased with vision not decreased

I've been noticing inaccurate speed limits on my commute since this update. E.g. 40mph on the M5. As the approach to the motorway was 40mph, maybe it's not registering a change? Anyone else had this?
Yeah I have the same issue on the A19 where it thinks it’s 40 even though it sees the national speed limit signs

Not sure if anyone else is having this regen not working bug on 20.8?

Sometimes when driving it can happen randomly, the regen disappears. I have to use the breaks hard if traveling at speed. It's not a cold battery or charged to 100%. It's just random and happens at any moment when you let go of the accelerator pedal. It can catch you out but luckily I'm not speedy Gonzales and keep my distance from the car Infront.

Happening on my 2019 SR+

Sometimes when driving it can happen randomly, the regen disappears. I have to use the breaks hard if traveling at speed. It's not a cold battery or charged to 100%. It's just random and happens at any moment when you let go of the accelerator pedal. It can catch you out but luckily I'm not speedy Gonzales and keep my distance from the car Infront.

Happening on my 2019 SR+
I have not had that happen (yet) but it sounds terrifying. I rely on regen quite a bit in my daily driving and to have it disappear suddenly would be quite jarring, and possibly dangerous.

Happening on my 2019 SR+
This happens to me quite regularly since being on .8. It really is an unpleasant experience.

Reactions: davidmc and RNHurt
I haven’t read the comments but I would not be in the least bit surprised if they’re being accused of being a “false flag”, or whatever, because we can’t see his feet in the video and therefore “how do we know he’s not just braking for clicks?”

Incidentally, 2022.20.9 is the update that downgrades radar cars to Tesla Vision, so if I get offered that instead of 2022.24.5 I’m not going to install it. That’ll be the first time I’ve decided to do that.

This morning, driving on the M5, I've just overtaken a vehicle and moving back into left lane, just as approaching motorway services. Half way through the lane change the car veers left suddenly as if it wants to dive down the services slip road.