Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022/2023 Deliveries Features thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model: MYLR
Delivery location: Victoria, BC, Canada
VIN: NF574
Ultrasonic: Yes
New cameras: No
Cargo cover: No
Matrix lights: No
License plate frame: No

FWIW I checked six 2023 cars on the lot and they all had USS and all had the same cameras as I have. I believe mine and the 2023s are the old camera because the M3s on the lot had no USS and had the different camera design. Unless MY and M3 have different designs for the new cameras but I doubt it.

Reactions: ord3r
Alright no one started this so I am creating one to collect all info under one thread. Feel free to re-share even you posted in other threads.

Model: MYLR
Delivery location: NorCal
VIN: PF585
Ultrasonic: Yes
New cameras: Yes
Cargo cover: No
Matrix lights: No
License plate frame: No
Could you post a photo of what your camera looks like. I'd like to compare to my camera. As mentioned above all the 2023s on the lot had the same camera as my 2022 (and all had USS). The 2023 VINs were a mix of PF58X and PF59X. I was really surprised they didn't have the new cameras.
The M3s without USS had a different camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jedisparky
Just bumping this thread as I think it would be a great resource if more people contributed. Especially during this transition to 2023 and USS removal and new cameras and cargo shelves out of Fremont.
I'm trying to keep track of these things over numerous delivery threads but it would be great to have a concise thread like this one.

Please share your delivered specs and at least the first 3 numbers of your VIN sequence after the F/A.

Sorry that I open a can of worms. Let's move on to the subject of cars and Tesla
Will I get both (1) J1772 and (2) Mobile charging bag? since I ordered mine before April 16 2022
Would I get 2023 tax credit if it's delivered in Dec 2022? EDD now is Dec6-Dec31
Thanks

Sorry that I open a can of worms. Let's move on to the subject of cars and Tesla
Will I get both (1) J1772 and (2) Mobile charging bag? since I ordered mine before April 16 2022
Would I get 2023 tax credit if it's delivered in Dec 2022? EDD now is Dec6-Dec31
Thanks
You will get J1772 in the car. Mine was down in the right side storage well in the trunk.
You will get a coupon code closer to your delivery date that will cover the cost/tax of a mobile connector kit. That kit now includes the 14-50 adapter as well as the normal household socket adapter. You order it through Tesla's online store and it will come by mail and comes in the zippered case. You can also choose to use that coupon towards the price of a wall connector instead of mobile charger if you want to.

You won't get tax credit if delivered in 2022.

Could you post a photo of what your camera looks like. I'd like to compare to my camera. As mentioned above all the 2023s on the lot had the same camera as my 2022 (and all had USS). The 2023 VINs were a mix of PF58X and PF59X. I was really surprised they didn't have the new cameras.
The M3s without USS had a different camera.
Yes, I would also like to know how you tell the difference between the old and the new. I should be taking delivery next week and would like to check.

Reactions: ord3r
Yes, I would also like to know how you tell the difference between the old and the new. I should be taking delivery next week and would like to check.
Here are photos of the two types. Basically the new one has more concave housing with grooves around the lens.

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

• Helpful
You will get J1772 in the car. Mine was down in the right side storage well in the trunk.
You will get a coupon code closer to your delivery date that will cover the cost/tax of a mobile connector kit. That kit now includes the 14-50 adapter as well as the normal household socket adapter. You order it through Tesla's online store and it will come by mail and comes in the zippered case. You can also choose to use that coupon towards the price of a wall connector instead of mobile charger if you want to.

You won't get tax credit if delivered in 2022.
Thanks A
But... I already bought and installed the Gen 3 charger. Does Tesla offer the cost of mobile connect kit toward the purcharge of your car? anyone know?

Thanks A
But... I already bought and installed the Gen 3 charger. Does Tesla offer the cost of mobile connect kit toward the purcharge of your car? anyone know?
No, it's only a credit for $200 off Wall connector or free mobile connector. I, too, had already bought and installed a wall connector, but likely would have bought a mobile connector anyway, so I'm happy. On trips to see family, it's not like they're going to have chargers at their house, so the mobile connector will still be useful.

Perhaps you could ask to see if they'll refund or give you a $200 credit on something else given you already bought the wall connector, not knowing you could have waited for the coupon. Not sure if you'll get results, but it's worth a try once you get the e-mailed coupon.

No, it's only a credit for $200 off Wall connector or free mobile connector. I, too, had already bought and installed a wall connector, but likely would have bought a mobile connector anyway, so I'm happy. On trips to see family, it's not like they're going to have chargers at their house, so the mobile connector will still be useful.

Perhaps you could ask to see if they'll refund or give you a $200 credit on something else given you already bought the wall connector, not knowing you could have waited for the coupon. Not sure if you'll get results, but it's worth a try once you get the e-mailed coupon.
How about a CCS adaptor?

According to the email with the coupon it is only valid for the mobile charger or wall connector.
If they weren't doing the coupon thing you would just get the mobile connector in the car like you used to because it was an included accessory when you ordered your car. And it actually has more value now as it has the 14-50 included where as before people had to order that separately for an added expense.
They are not going to let you apply the $200 towards your vehicle.