Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.24.5 reduces size of backup camera view

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated my 2022 refresh S to 2022.24.5 and noticed when in reverse, the backup camera window on screen is shrunken to almost a 4:3 aspect ratio. Anyone else see this with the latest update?

Also, the syncing of fan speed on the rear seats doesn't work anymore. If I change the fan speed up front, rear doesn't change even if sync button is highlighted.

Just updated my 2022 refresh S to 2022.24.5 and noticed when in reverse, the backup camera window on screen is shrunken to almost a 4:3 aspect ratio. Anyone else see this with the latest update?

Also, the syncing of fan speed on the rear seats doesn't work anymore. If I change the fan speed up front, rear doesn't change even if sync button is highlighted.

Can you post a picture of this?

You can see here how it's shrunk and black space on the sides

Attachments

• 20220824_192122.jpg
    20220824_192122.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: WilliamG
Just found a pic on YouTube from Autoblog and their 2021 Turo. Looks similar but you can see it’s wider based on image going past the little < > arrows of the temperature.

Attachments

• D938CA61-338A-4F69-8D79-B0C36EAD4F40.png
    D938CA61-338A-4F69-8D79-B0C36EAD4F40.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Reactions: paulchou
I have a 2015 MS (w/ nose cone) just updated to 2022.24.5. I also notice there's an unexpected change to the rear camera view on the big screen.

I don't know if the aspect ratio has changed but the camera view is now forced to stay lower down on the vertical 17" screen, with no way to move it higher like it was before. Prior to this update, the top of the rear camera view would be approx 1.5" or so below the top of the screen (ie you could see about 1.5" of the top of the Nav map). Now with 2022.24.5 the top of the rear camera view is maybe about 3" below the top of the screen, exposing more of the Nav map than before. Didn't measure it, but just eyeballing it seems about twice the nav map now visible above the camera than before

Also, if a Nav session is active, now with 2022.24.5 the rear camera view is pushed even further down the 17" screen to leave the full nav directions list exposed. Before this update you could pull the rear camera view upwards and partially obscure the detailed nav directions list but you can't do that any more - obscuring the nav directions list wasn't a big problem because you'd still get the upcoming nav route display on the separate instrument cluster.

So, higher priority to Nav map, whether you like it or not, it seems with 2022.24.5

Personally I don't like this change since 95%+ of my driving is in familiar territory where I don't need or care about looking at the Nav map, but I like to keep the rear camera view active always while driving, as additional blind spot check.