Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.24.8 Weird issue regarding the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, everyone on 24.6 onwards is cursed with Tesla Vision. :(
Indeed! Well, for me, the Vision part has been okay -- actually very good for AP. Other than the 85 MPH limit. When I was in the FSD Beta, I had to drop out because I couldn't live with the 80 MPH limit that was in place at that time. That and FSD wasn't worth $200/mo to me as I drive almost all highway.

Here's hoping that one day they increase the speed back to 90MPH and the following distance back to 1 (granted, not likely). I have to say, in bumper to bumper traffic I think the Vision enabled AP is much better. Much more assertive accelerating/catching up to the car ahead (when they move). Overall the acceleration curves should still be tweaked a bit (or customizable) as should the AP following distance accel/decel behavior.

So interesting update. When I got home today and started charging, I ran in the house and had dinner/etc.

30 minutes later, I remembered that I had a pending software update 24.8. But when I checked in the app it was gone! I thought oh that’s strange. I go out to the car in a bit and check and see what happened.

About 15 minutes after that, I got an email from TeslaFi telling me that 28.1 that one was downloading to my car! So if you’re still on 24. Six I would wait and see if you get 28.1 later today or tomorrow.

It seems like Tesla pulled 24.8.

So interesting update. When I got home today and started charging, I ran in the house and had dinner/etc.

30 minutes later, I remembered that I had a pending software update 24.8. But when I checked in the app it was gone! I thought oh that’s strange. I go out to the car in a bit and check and see what happened.

About 15 minutes after that, I got an email from TeslaFi telling me that 28.1 that one was downloading to my car! So if you’re still on 24. Six I would wait and see if you get 28.1 later today or tomorrow.

It seems like Tesla pulled 24.8.
Cool, so please let us know once you have 28.1 installed and if you have a squeal afterward or not! Thanks!

I lost autopilot on 20.22.24.8 update. When I pull down the lever to engage cruise, it says it is not available. One instance it says I’m driving too fast, 60 on 55MPH limit. If I pull down twice fast it also says autosteer is also not available. I also notice that no surrounding cars shows up on the screen like I am on the road by myself. The lane marking shows. It still warns me when I drift out of lane or the car in front is rapidly stopping. I tried resetting twice with no luck. It has failed all day today. Anyone else has similar problem? I previous posting it seems like it gets fixed by Tesla reloading the software/firmware. Any ideas?

I lost autopilot on 20.22.24.8 update. When I pull down the lever to engage cruise, it says it is not available. One instance it says I’m driving too fast, 60 on 55MPH limit. If I pull down twice fast it also says autosteer is also not available. I also notice that no surrounding cars shows up on the screen like I am on the road by myself. The lane marking shows. It still warns me when I drift out of lane or the car in front is rapidly stopping. I tried resetting twice with no luck. It has failed all day today. Anyone else has similar problem? I previous posting it seems like it gets fixed by Tesla reloading the software/firmware. Any ideas?
Resetting like holding both steering buttons, or factory reset?
Any time iv done a factory reset, the FSD settings reappear bit by bit over the next few hours. Make sure you are setting up your profile too, not the easy entry one.
If you haven't factory reset it yet, did all the autopilot settings turn themselves off somehow?
Im not in the car but is one of the options under "Service" a camera calibration?

I’ve just updated my model 3 to the latest 2022.24.8 update. However it doesn’t show any gps direction improvements nor it shows navigation line improvement which I was looking forward to. Although it has blind spot adjustments and Tesla profiles. A bit bummed. Anyone experienced something like this?
The other thing that really sucks is it now is limited to 85 mph on auto pilot and it automatically turns on your automatic highbeams which as we all know are usually terrible. So you end up flashing people with the high beams quite a bit more often whenever engaging autopilot at night. Hopefully tesla fixes this in the next update. Does anyone know if there is an avenue to complain to Tesla about this kind of stuff?

• Funny
Reactions: navguy12
I've noticed that my green light warnings are not working reliablly under 24.8 and the screen froze on my for a couple of seconds. I haven't noticed any problems with green light warnings ever before, but since this update I missed quite a few "bongs" while waiting at a green light. Maybe I need to double-scroll reset. 🤷‍♂️

I had a similar problem - I contacted my SC and they resent the update as they said it hadn’t installed properly. That fixed my problems 👍🏻

May 2018 TM3; V 3.0 hardware upgrade:

I’ve had this happen with three different updates within the past nine months.

First and third times, the problem went away after a full deep sleep cycle.

The second time, after no luck following a deep sleep cycle, my mobile repair contact pushed another version to me and that solved it.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer