Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.24.8 Weird issue regarding the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just updated my model 3 to the latest 2022.24.8 update. However it doesn’t show any gps direction improvements nor it shows navigation line improvement which I was looking forward to. Although it has blind spot adjustments and Tesla profiles. A bit bummed. Anyone experienced something like this?

I updated mine this morning and now I have a message “software update required - schedule service”.
Cruise control and auto wipers won’t work I’ve tried a reboot which didn’t help.
I’ve contacted my local SC waiting for a reply.

I’ve just updated my model 3 to the latest 2022.24.8 update. However it doesn’t show any gps direction improvements nor it shows navigation line improvement which I was looking forward to. Although it has blind spot adjustments and Tesla profiles. A bit bummed. Anyone experienced something like this?
The GPS improvement is showing traffic data on the highlighted navigation route rather than beside it. Are you saying this wasn’t mentioned in your release notes, or that it was but isn’t working? I did see that release note after installing 24.8 in my 2018 Model S, but I haven’t used navigation since then.

The GPS improvement is showing traffic data on the highlighted navigation route rather than beside it. Are you saying this wasn’t mentioned in your release notes, or that it was but isn’t working? I did see that release note after installing 24.8 in my 2018 Model S, but I haven’t used navigation since then.
This is true, now you can see traffic data on the highlighted navigation route and even in the Navigation window on the Instrument cluster (IC).

Since I received the 'Traffic Along Route' feature my route is completely shown in orange as if there is nothing but congestion, when there is none. Used to have the blue line with orange and red depending on the amount of traffic. Now, nothing then orange. Why Tesla?

Found this right after I had already started the update.…crossing my fingers the whole time lol. Well the Update just finished and so far no high pitched noise on my 8/2018 build performance. Just the usual low hum/buzz that‘s always been there when the car is awake….and only heard in a small garage.

I have a weird high pitch noise coming from under the car between the 2 rear tires. Anyone else?

Same here. Tried powering off and resetting systems but it's still there.

I too have that high-pitch sound after the update. It last for hours and always after driving. It’s driving me nuts!! Coming from underneath the car. (2022 SLR).
Everyone with the high pitched whistle in the rear, can you please note the year/model/drive train options (SR, LR, P, etc) either in a post or signature?

As is, this information is low quality and almost useless to the rest of us. Also, you are all new users, so I can't yet trust/not trust what you're saying.

And any future changes would be great to know too (went away on next update? Service looked at it? that kind of stuff.)

Thanks.

Reactions: cmy4x4 and navguy12
Everyone with the high pitched whistle in the rear, can you please note the year/model/drive train options (SR, LR, P, etc) either in a post or signature?

As is, this information is low quality and almost useless to the rest of us. Also, you are all new users, so I can't yet trust/not trust what you're saying.

And any future changes would be great to know too (went away on next update? Service looked at it? that kind of stuff.)

Thanks.

It would also be helpful to know (I think) which version folks were upgrading from. Currently I'm on 2022.24.6 which has been fine for me ('21 M3 LR AWD w/Boost & 19"). I have x.8 pending, but haven't pulled the trigger yet re: this thread.

I would hope that a small upgrade 24.6 => 24.8 is less likely to cause an issue. But who knows. When saw there was an update this morning I was hoping it was 28.1

I had a lot of issues with the 2022.20.x (all revisions). Once I hit the first version (x.5 I think), my rear drive unit oil pump started to sporadically fail. Maybe it was a coincidence. Or maybe 20.x includes more testing / detection capabilities -- not sure. Anyway it took over a month to get this squared away at my local SC. Running on a new pump now which has been fine so far (knock on wood). Car is 19 months old, 51K miles.

I'm wondering if the sound folks are hearing is the:
1) Oil pump?
2) drive unit motor/invertor?
3) coolant system?

Getting a service appoint, and then having them actually get the parts on time, is a huge headache these days at least in my neck of the woods (NJ).

Reactions: navguy12 and OxBrew