Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.28.1 — Official Release Notes and Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m gonna say nay to this one until I see charge curve results.

24.8 seems to have yielded very nice mid-band gains on the curve and I’d rather not give those up if I don’t have to.

Any more info / write up on this undocumented observation? First I'm hearing of this -- improved super charger charge curves.

Model/year/battery type? SuperCharger v3 only? Or V2 also?

Any more info / write up on this undocumented observation? First I'm hearing of this -- improved super charger charge curves.

Model/year/battery type? SuperCharger v3 only? Or V2 also?
2019 Raven X Standard Range with BTX5 pack.

Haven’t tried on a v2 yet but seemed to hold at least 10KW higher than usual

00E65A2C-CBF5-4D25-9863-C6478A81EE0B.jpeg

Most definitely. Now I only got the car a week ago. It’s frustrating because I had FSD on my model X that I traded in for this car.

Safety score is 100 currently….again, only a week in.

I was also hoping that the new beta release had me excited as a chance to be more widely released.

(rant)
Tonight 28.1 was pushed to my M3. I was thinking, ok, I see the release notes on "Not a Tesla App" which was linked from Teslafi and it said that two things were included; Alternate Routes and the ability to minimize the Theater. I can dig the Alternate Route, especially navigating through SoCal, but guess what... It was NOT part of my download:

2022.28.1.jpg

2022.28.1 Release Notes.jpg

Most of the time the updates are great, but this one is, well, useless to me. It's right up there with the useless games we continually receive.

It's not that I don't appreciate the updates, I do, but all that programming effort by Tesla's software folks for the ability to minimize the theater? I dunno, it just seems they could have spent their time and money on something more valuable to Tesla owners as a whole.
(/rant)

Last edited:
Alternate routes is definitely a step in the right direction. But what I don’t understand is, given that we’re all driving cars that have some level of self driving, why there isn’t an option to prefer routes more amenable to that.

I frequently make a drive that the navigation system always insists on taking me through the heart of Boston. Technically, this might save three or four minutes on a 2 hour drive. But I can hardly use autopilot at all for the first 30 minutes. A dozen traffic lights. A dozen turns. Crappy roads. Through a homeless encampment. Total nightmare. Or, I could go around the city, with only thee lights and only one turn. Three minutes into that trip. I can put it on autopilot and hardly ever touch the wheel again (except to satisfy nags, of course.) Completely stress free. And only takes me 3-7 minutes longer on a 120 minute drive.

Why wouldn’t Tesla have an option to prefer a route like that? Kind of blows me away.

Alternate routes is definitely a step in the right direction. But what I don’t understand is, given that we’re all driving cars that have some level of self driving, why there isn’t an option to prefer routes more amenable to that.

I frequently make a drive that the navigation system always insists on taking me through the heart of Boston. Technically, this might save three or four minutes on a 2 hour drive. But I can hardly use autopilot at all for the first 30 minutes. A dozen traffic lights. A dozen turns. Crappy roads. Through a homeless encampment. Total nightmare. Or, I could go around the city, with only thee lights and only one turn. Three minutes into that trip. I can put it on autopilot and hardly ever touch the wheel again (except to satisfy nags, of course.) Completely stress free. And only takes me 3-7 minutes longer on a 120 minute drive.

Why wouldn’t Tesla have an option to prefer a route like that? Kind of blows me away.
Perhaps adding a level of logic like “stay out of downtown” or just “areas to avoid” might be of interest.