Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.28.1 — Official Release Notes and Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got this update a few days ago and now when I get in the car, auto high beams are already selected.

This is not just while using autopilot (due to tesla vision), this is ALL THE TIME.

Anybody else have this feature/bug? I’m hoping when .2 comes out it’ll go back to normal…
I noticed this after updating last night. This morning I found a slider for it in the lights settings (that I don't believe was there before) and turned it off. I'll see if it's back on when I leave work.

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4
I was led to believe that 2022.28.2 fixed the problem of no oncoming cars being shown on the visualisation, but I’ve installed it and nothing has changed.

Since 2022.24.6 (aka the great Tesla Vision migration) I haven’t seen them, but I would’ve expected to have seen it fixed by now.

Is this by design? Does anyone see oncoming vehicles being shown on the visualisation? (outside FSD beta)

I noticed a large spike of 2022.28.2 installs on TeslaFi software tracker last night, and went to my car and did a two-button reset. Opened up to the "Software" tab and after it checks for software version for a while it started downloading 2022.28.2. I'm guessing the reset didn't prompt the car to download, but I might try that next few times just to see.

I noticed a large spike of 2022.28.2 installs on TeslaFi software tracker last night, and went to my car and did a two-button reset. Opened up to the "Software" tab and after it checks for software version for a while it started downloading 2022.28.2. I'm guessing the reset didn't prompt the car to download, but I might try that next few times just to see.
It started the download for us while we were driving 100 miles between towns. No Wifi. Finished when we got home. First time that's happened to us. 🤔

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
It started the download for us while we were driving 100 miles between towns. No Wifi.
Must be important. Does it fix the safety recall for window closing?

I'm guessing the reset didn't prompt the car to download, but I might try that next few times just to see.
A reset can get it back on WiFi, and maybe prompt it to recheck for software updates.

I love the alternate routes feature.

Anyone else experiencing flickering tail lights in the latest update?

Myself on 28.2 and someone on Facebook on 28.1 experience this issue with our Model Y where the tail lights are indiscriminately turning off and on while stopped (or even braking).

I had to confirm that they are actually working (they are actually working), but the display has got it wrong. I should add that my headlights aren't in ON mode and the taillight part that is on the hatch is not actually lit in real life (it only lights up at night or in ON), so the display has got that wrong too.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
For those unsure what we mean by this. Take a look at the fact that the auto high beam icon is already enabled well before I’ve even entered the car.

It’s equivalent to pressing the left stalk forward. I have to do that to turn them off again.

Did this end up sticking, or did it revert to back on the next drive?
Well... It works, but the behavior is completely different. With that slider set to off, the auto high beams are completely off (except for when autopilot is engaged), and pushing the stalk forward manually turns the high beams on and off . The behavior before was that the auto high beams were enabled, and pushing the stalk forward toggled whether they would function (be automatic) or not.

I had turned the automatic slider back on, but finally got so annoyed with having to constantly disable the auto high beams I just turned it off again and left it that way. I still think this has to be a bug and will eventually be corrected back to the previous behavior. The auto high beams are comically bad on this car.

Reactions: navguy12