Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.28.1 vastly improved driver monitoring system, almost no nags

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated to 2022.28.1 yesterday, and had zero warnings and only three nags on a 40 mile drive. This is a drive that on previous trips using 2022.25.5 had numerous nags and loud warnings, and one case of autopilot jail.

I did try to get it to complain by focusing on the right side of my lane and the shoulder with no warnings, whereas before I would have gotten a warning or put in jail. Has it gotten better, or am I just better trained?

We can hope.

When they first introduced the driver attention monitoring I hoped it would be used to replace the steering wheel nags. Since Then I’ve never seen it do that. The only thing it seems to do is nag you to pay attention. Even when you are. Essentially, it was another way to nag you for doing something ‘wrong’ without preventing any nags when you do it right. No positives, only negatives.

Hope springs eternal, right?

Second drive on same route, now using 2022.28.2. Only 2 nags. I noticed both early, probably because I am finally getting used to watching the IC instead of the touchscreen.

Best of all, one of the nags was a true positive, i.e. I had in fact taken my hands off the wheel. This is probably the first true positive in 36K miles of using AP or NOA or FSDb

Second drive on same route, now using 2022.28.2. Only 2 nags. I noticed both early, probably because I am finally getting used to watching the IC instead of the touchscreen.

Best of all, one of the nags was a true positive, i.e. I had in fact taken my hands off the wheel. This is probably the first true positive in 36K miles of using AP or NOA or FSDb

If you keep your hands on the wheel with a little weight, you shouldn’t get any nags on any version…I thought you were implying driver monitoring had replaced wheel torque nag. This a non-story otherwise

If you keep your hands on the wheel with a little weight, you shouldn’t get any nags on any version…I thought you were implying driver monitoring had replaced wheel torque nag. This a non-story otherwise
I realize most people don't have problem with the previous systems. I want an accurate driver monitoring system, i.e. no false positives or false negatives, not one with nags under random circumstances for me and my fellow Autopilot minority members. In the past I have experienced close to 100% false positives, whereas this software version seems to be 100% accurate for me. YMMV

Reactions: sleepydoc