Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.28 added games back (USB in glovebox required), has given up bluetooth connection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per release notes: 2022.28.2 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

To access Cat Quest in PARK, tap the Application Launcher > Arcade. A game controller plugged into the glovebox USB port is required.

So those have 2021/2022 model 3/Y without USB-C data can now have Sonic and Cat Quest, but need to plug in game controllers in the glovebox... It looks like Tesla has given up the plan to add the bluetooth game controller support?

Really disappointed.

I'm confused by this too. I have 2 controllers but would need to unplug the dash cab USB to connect one?
This is because in the newer models, Tesla removed data capability from the two front usb-c ports in the console, those games were not available. However, plenty of people retrofitted data capability back (see long thread discussing this below in the Model Y forum):
2022 Model Y - USB Data Ports - USB-A Glovebox Only

You can either retrofit like they did, or you can buy a USB hub to use for your glovebox one.

I wouldn't necessarily assume that bluetooth controller support has been completely abandoned, just that they probably won't have it yet anytime soon, and it doesn't make sense to leave people out when they can use the existing USB port just fine.