Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.36 — Official Release Notes and Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to 2022.36 toady and I had a nasty surprise! The car (2018 Midrage Model 3) totally reformatted to the setting when I pick up the card new. EVERYTHING is gone: Favorites, EAP settings, various profile settings, radio settings, mirrors, trip odometers reset to zero even though I never touched them (used to matched the 36,296 on the odometer) and worst of all, the Homelink function was deleted. This was standard on the Model 3 back then. Now when I reprogram home address, it is gone the next time I tap the favorites tab. Nothing is retained.

Anyone else have this happen? In all the years I owned the car, this has never happened with an update. Very distressing to try and remember lost address let alone the Homelink function. I placed a service request. Let’s see what happens.
We have almost the same issue - everything was reset - no safety score - says our region doesn't support AutoPilot - all custom settings are gone...

We don't have homelink so that isn't a problem for us. When it came back online after the update it had our location as Tesla Palo Alto...

We have almost the same issue - everything was reset - no safety score - says our region doesn't support AutoPilot - all custom settings are gone

Sorry you had all those problems. I've had all good update outcomes, except for the long install durations. I started on a recent build though.
Software Version History
Versions Date Install
(2022-) (2022-) Duration
(mins)
.36.6 10-29 50
.28.200 10-08 70
.23.101.2 09-26 ?
? 09-21 DD

M3 2022 firmware updates 3.png

This version seems to have corrected itself yesterday -
Sorry you had all those problems. I've had all good update outcomes, except for the long install durations. I started on a recent build though.
Software Version History
Versions Date Install
(2022-) (2022-) Duration
(mins)
.36.6 10-29 50
.28.200 10-08 70
.23.101.2 09-26 ?
? 09-21 DD

View attachment 874948
Things seemed to correct a bit by yesterday on the 2022.36.6 - but it still seemed off in a few areas. Decided to upgrade to 2022.40.4 and it seems to be much better now!