Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.36.20 (FSD Beta) ran the red light today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a slight knock but mainly an observation. The Safety Score wouof have dinged you if you hit the brakes hard enough to stop. I’m on beta now and today will be my first drive with it so I no longer care about it the score, but I wold be interested in how that works when your insurance rates at some point could be affected by such things. Just something I thought about watching that video. Yes I know the software is beta, as is the Safety Score, and the seat heaters, and the trunk opener, and the headlights, and the direction selector, and the heater, and the……

Reactions: yser
I also saw it almost run a red light, for the first time in a year of testing, yesterday (10.69.3.1). Used the accelerator to get it through inside the yellow. Up until yesterday, it had always done a good job in deciding when to slow down. I had just engaged it a few seconds earlier, not sure if that contributed.

Coincident top this story, I did my first fsd drive this morning. It worked really well. Very cool to me as an fsd newbie. I was so excited I didn’t have to intervene every time we approached stoplights One light switched to yellow as I approached it at 50 mph which was the speed limit. I thought it might run the light and was ready to take over but the car just dropped anchor and stopped on its own. Very impressive response and without drama. Can’t wait for the single stack version to see how much the Highway driving changes.

Got my FSD beta today after a long wait.
Set it to the aggressive options with the expectation that it would be conservative and that I need to compensate for it.
To my surprise, it was pretty aggressive for the most part and survived Houston driving without annoying other drivers much.
Too aggressive to the point that it jumped a red light.
Not complaining, I might have driven the same way, but still was not something I expected.
Hopefully, it took into account other factors that there are no other vehicles and running the light was a better choice than slamming the brakes. But still unsettling.
I'm keeping it still

question - do I report this to tesla, and how?
FSDBeta <[email protected]> include VIN and email associated with the Tesla.

FSDBeta <[email protected]> include VIN and email associated with the Tesla.
Thanks! Sent them the report with vin and link to the video.

For the benefit of others, here is the auto-response i got, hope it does get forwarded to the right team:

Hello,
Thank you for emailing [email protected]. We appreciate your participation and feedback; all feature related feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate engineering team. If any additional information is needed, we will reach out directly.
To enroll: You must meet the following FSD Eligibility Requirements below and request access on your vehicle via the “Request Full Self-Driving Beta” button.
  • Vehicle must have Full Self-Driving Capability (subscription or one-time purchase)
  • Full-Self Driving Computer
  • Eligible Safety Score
  • At least 100 miles driven on Autosteer

FSD Beta is not transferrable. Your new vehicle must meet the FSD Eligibility Requirements, and you must request access via the “Request FSD Beta” button in the Autopilot menu. Please confirm your old VIN to remove the software – please note this will happen immediately.
To be removed from FSD Beta: If you would like to opt-out of the FSD Beta, please reply to this email with your VIN and we will process your request.

Our engineering teams are working hard at constantly improving Tesla vehicles. If you have any other concerns, please schedule a service appointment through your Tesla mobile app.

Thank you,

Tesla

Last edited: