Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.4.5.3 Model 3 not going to sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On March the 2nd I installed 2022.4.5.3 on my 2019 Model 3 LR RWD and since then the car has not gone to sleep wasting about 4% battery every day.

I’ve been using TeslaMate for years and using this I can see the car is awake for 1 hour, goes to sleep for 1min and then immediately wakes up and stays awake for another hour. This behavior started right after installing this update, before the update the car always went to sleep normally. As far as I know I haven’t changed anything in my setup or behavior. TeslaMate GitHub shows no similar experiences. I also have two other cars in the same TeslaMate instance that don’t have this issue.

I don’t use any other apps or services which could be keeping the car awake so I think it’s some kind of bug in 2022.4.5.3
I haven’t contacted Tesla yet.

Are there others experiencing the same issue and/or does anyone have something I can try to fix this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Same here! 2018 LR RWD. Can't say it's the update but since Jan of this year my car has been sleeping for about 1minute before waking up. I confirmed it via TeslaMate. It's crazy, about 99% of idle vehicle is spent online vs offline.
1648267846243.png

Above is my LR 2018 3, bottom is my 2020 DM Y. I have tried disabling all the usual culprits, sentry mode, summon standby, cabin overheat protection etc with no luck.... I have raised an issue with Tesla service, let's see what they say.