Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they brought back a few of the icons on the top status bar like indicating Sentry Mode is on and the active Driver profile, among others.

Can somebody explain why Tesla is not implementing the 2022.4 “Regenerative Breaking in Autopilot” for “AC induction motor”. I understand this technology will not go to a complete stop without brakes but I do not understand why they are not using the fully capable “Regenerative Breaking” instead of slamming the brakes 50 yards from stopping. The current autopilot implementation in stop and go situations is stressful and almost useless.

This might also fix the Tesla full screen browser showing the wrong time zone for hulu (the video streaming is probably still broken though) and YouTube TV.
No Hulu here so can’t test.

Tesla changed the multimedia player behavior when resizing between full and mini/medium.
When touching the left “square” with the station or song picture, it will no longer collapse and disappear.
It keeps switching between full size and mini or medium depending on which one you chose previously.
This is much better by my book.

Below comment is for us really Legacy cars with old nerfed batteries. 😉

As for SuC charging, we are on our way to the mountain, so good opportunity to enjoy the SuCs. There is a little improvement for me: my battery was following the rule of thumb %SoC + kW =100. Now it sums to 110. Already witnessed at the first two SuCs.

Can somebody explain why Tesla is not implementing the 2022.4 “Regenerative Breaking in Autopilot” for “AC induction motor”. I understand this technology will not go to a complete stop without brakes but I do not understand why they are not using the fully capable “Regenerative Breaking” instead of slamming the brakes 50 yards from stopping. The current autopilot implementation in stop and go situations is stressful and almost useless.
2020 MS LR+ here. I noticed a significant improvement in AP regen braking, especially in the circumstances you described. The deceleration is much more gradual and smooth. Are you sure the 2022.4 “stuck”?

Just installed 2022.4.5 on 2020 MS LR+. Noticed two changes:
- They fixed the karaoke - the mic button is back; I can disable the vocals
- Regression bug on the album covers in the instrument cluster. Back to the broken behavior of showing only the first cover after the car wakes up.

Suggestion to the Tesla software developers. There is this thing called “Automated QA testing”. You will like it - it has “automated” in the name. Essentially, once you fix a bug you add a test for it. Next time, before release, you run the tests and release only “green builds”. That way you avoid regression bugs. I am sure you are intelligent and do not need the previous body of knowledge around UI, SDLC, etc. but you should try it. It is fascinating what ancient generations discovered.

Waiting impatiently for this update. Really want that browser with the fixed geolocation for TeslaWaze. Currently at 2021.44.30.11 and on teslafi it shows people going from 2021.44.30.11 to 2021.44.30.13. So that's...not ideal.

Anyone else witness some crazy things from the car during the download? Downloaded via hotspot while driving and car was acting all wonky; skipping FM radio, screen unresponsive, then four dashes where battery percentage was, parking brake icon, no viz, black screen, all while driving - pretty entertaining. I thought I was on the path to a unwelcomed hard reset, but it toughed it out and came back to normal just as I got home.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dcam