Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just updated mine as well - Charge Port does close as 'normal', but it seems like this build has a 'longer' delay to close the door. ~5 seconds after disconnecting the Mobile Connect the charging door does close automatically.

I don't remember it taking that long to close before the update.
Drove for about 15 min with the door open and didn’t realize til I parked and went to grab something from the trunk. Will keep an eye on it. Hopefully it’s just a one time issue.

Reactions: gforce2002
Updated to 2022.4.5 on Thursday, it wasn't prompting for the update on my phone, but did in the car.

It's funny how quickly I forget about previous software behavior, so the x.4.5 seems to have more charging stations shown[?], like destination chargers?

Also new (assuming the aforementioned it actually new), the power capacity of the SuC is now in the details of each location.

Drove for about 15 min with the door open and didn’t realize til I parked and went to grab something from the trunk. Will keep an eye on it. Hopefully it’s just a one time issue.

Eeeeek -- that is not great. Was there a notification that the charge port was open on the screen, or under bell/notification?

Hmm, can you check the manual release (pull tab) to make sure it is not hung up on something?

Updated to 2022.4.5 on Thursday, it wasn't prompting for the update on my phone, but did in the car.

It's funny how quickly I forget about previous software behavior, so the x.4.5 seems to have more charging stations shown[?], like destination chargers?

Also new (assuming the aforementioned it actually new), the power capacity of the SuC is now in the details of each location.
Old stuff

Reactions: MaskedRacerX
My charging door seems to change weekly regardless of updates. Sometimes it will close immediately after I unplug and other times it doesn’t close till I’m almost in the drivers seat

i also don’t know if it was related or not, but clearing all the footage off my hard drive seemed to help the rear camera lag. Sometimes I get the side camera lag

Updated to 2022.4.5 this morning but haven’t gone in the car yet. Being in Canada I was bummed about not having the wiper heater, but quickly released I’ve been driving my 21 M3LR all winter in -15 to -30C and haven’t had any issues with wipers.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer

I think there was SOME change to the charging station displays in 22.4.5

Just installed 2022.4.5 on 2020 MS LR+. Noticed two changes:
- They fixed the karaoke - the mic button is back; I can disable the vocals
- Regression bug on the album covers in the instrument cluster. Back to the broken behavior of showing only the first cover after the car wakes up.

Suggestion to the Tesla software developers. There is this thing called “Automated QA testing”. You will like it - it has “automated” in the name. Essentially, once you fix a bug you add a test for it. Next time, before release, you run the tests and release only “green builds”. That way you avoid regression bugs. I am sure you are intelligent and do not need the previous body of knowledge around UI, SDLC, etc. but you should try it. It is fascinating what ancient generations discovered.
I am surprised by how many places i've worked that "do software development" that don't use any automated testing.

Reactions: pilotSteve
I am surprised by how many places i've worked that "do software development" that don't use any automated testing.
I've found it's a mindset. I work on a pretty big game and when I first joined years ago we had exactly ZERO automated tests. No unit, functional, etc.

Years later now we have extensive test suites, but way back then I didn't feel naked without tests. Now I feel terrible if I make untested features.

Anyone else witness some crazy things from the car during the download? Downloaded via hotspot while driving and car was acting all wonky; skipping FM radio, screen unresponsive, then four dashes where battery percentage was, parking brake icon, no viz, black screen, all while driving - pretty entertaining. I thought I was on the path to a unwelcomed hard reset, but it toughed it out and came back to normal just as I got home.
You downloaded while driving …. pretty sure that’s not recommended seeing as you lose functionality and control in the car😳

Just last the update installed last night and after removing charging cable the door doesn’t close automatically. Tried using the button on the screen and in the app and nada. Needed to give it a little nudge to close.
So for me, the first v11 bugfix update made it so that the door would close immediately after unplugging, to the point of closing on top of the adapter if you took the J1772 cable out first.

Only unplugged once since installing 4.5, but definitely noticed it waiting longer. But it still closed. Maybe once I got in the car or shifted into drive? Didn’t notice but was happy that it wasn’t so fricken eager to shut.

You downloaded while driving …. pretty sure that’s not recommended seeing as you lose functionality and control in the car😳
Downloading isn't an issue - new software package just goes into onboard storage in preparation for installation, which you can control. I was putting off V11 download but then it downloaded by itself, while I was driving. I subsequently kept rescheduling the install but eventually messed up and got the update. Software won't install unless the car is parked.

Reactions: Xdama

I think there was SOME change to the charging station displays in 22.4.5
As far as I can see, there's no change in the actual charger display, just easier access. Types of chargers shown depend on whether you select 1, 2 or 3 lightning bolts.

One thing to be careful about is that many settings are automatically saved in driver profiles, so it may be different depending on who is driving. My wife and I had a big disagreement because she asked where the radio icon was and I told her it was on the bottom line. She insisted that she couldn't see it, and I thought she was just being difficult but finally realized her icon layout was different from mine.

As far as I can see, there's no change in the actual charger display, just easier access. Types of chargers shown depend on whether you select 1, 2 or 3 lightning bolts.

One thing to be careful about is that many settings are automatically saved in driver profiles, so it may be different depending on who is driving. My wife and I had a big disagreement because she asked where the radio icon was and I told her it was on the bottom line. She insisted that she couldn't see it, and I thought she was just being difficult but finally realized her icon layout was different from mine.
......never argue with the wife....

One thing that was good in V10 was the STOP button that popped up whenever the driver profile started to change automatically. With V11, that disappeared and the only way to stop the repositioning was to move one of the seat controls momentarily. After 2022.4.5, I was playing around with different profiles and at one point a STOP button did appear, slightly different shape and colour than before, but I don't know what I did to trigger it. It doesn't seem to be presented automatically as it was in V10. Also, I've noticed that after a number of actions (the sequence of which I don't recall) the profile name at the top disappeared. I had to exit and re-enter to get it back. The car was in park at the time, although I might have shifted gears at one point.