Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing that was good in V10 was the STOP button that popped up whenever the driver profile started to change automatically. With V11, that disappeared and the only way to stop the repositioning was to move one of the seat controls momentarily. After 2022.4.5, I was playing around with different profiles and at one point a STOP button did appear, slightly different shape and colour than before, but I don't know what I did to trigger it. It doesn't seem to be presented automatically as it was in V10. Also, I've noticed that after a number of actions (the sequence of which I don't recall) the profile name at the top disappeared. I had to exit and re-enter to get it back. The car was in park at the time, although I might have shifted gears at one point.
They have inbuilt something to stop you playing with the seat adjustment too much....perhaps you discovered it

I was wondering if something like that was going to happen, but the seat movement was never interrupted. I assume they have also added an error or caution message when excessive seat adjustment is detected.
I find it intriguing that Tesla is so concerned about durability of the seat motors that they want to penalize those who use adjustments too much, but they seem to have done nothing to correct the ongoing problem of erroneous driver detection which also causes unnecessary wear and tear!

I'm trying to monitor feedback of software improvements to gauge when to update to v11 from v10. This crappy banter just clogs up an otherwise helpful thread.

I'm REALLY close to going for it. Many improvements are rolling out in the recent flurry of updates.

Pros:
  • Wiper defrost
  • removing music sources
  • reportedly improved AP (phantom braking)
  • fixed back up camera lagging
  • top row icons back (enough anyway)
  • edit waypoints
  • supercharger locations in map restored
  • dashcam tap to record

Last holdouts for me to switch (please report if these are corrected, and in which update):
  • Font size (SOC, time, Speed, warning pop up display (text messages, etc) all too small.
  • Light grey, medium grey dark grey icon status indication, reverse logic in different features. I heard some reports that this is getting cleaned up and some consistency established, but only vague mentions.
  • skipping FM stations cycles into streaming sources, does not stay on FM presets only.
  • seat heater and defrost status not always shown on home screen.
  • night map side road contrast. Actually use side roads a lot to find next turn on nav in unfamiliar places.
Unknown to me, ongoing issue:
  • Heat pump cold weather. Did this get sorted? No issues in v10, really don't want to break it.
Wishlist. Any if these would tip the scale, I'd put up with anything to have them:
  • Right scroll wheel sets wiper or fan speed when control active
  • seat heater and or defrost controls can add to custom tray.
  • SoC remaining always showing in nav directions

Pros:
  • Wiper defrost
Only for cars with heater hardware, which I suspect is later than yours. How to tell if you have heated wipers on your Tesla Model 3/Y (if you don't have 2022.4.5 yet)
top row icons back (enough anyway)
Only driver profiles and Sentry indicator. Changing BT source is still a PITA requiring multiple taps. LTE signal strength not shown, only flagged when it's offline
dashcam tap to record
Only if you use one of 4 customizable icon locations for dashcam
seat heater and defrost status not always shown on home screen.
Never shown on home screen. Seat heaters on HVAC page and also mini-page, defrost on main HVAC page only (tap temp or sweep up to open)
Heat pump cold weather. Did this get sorted? No issues in v10, really don't want to break it.
Sounds like this was actually caused by certain January V11 versions and it resulted in a physical failure in the system. It won't happen with 2021.44.30.7 and later, but any damage done by earlier updates may require corrective action by the SC. Tesla provides new details on heat pump issues in NHTSA recall document
Right scroll wheel sets wiper or fan speed when control active
Never going to happen - that would conflict with TACC control modes

Last edited:
Q's on those who installed:
* I saw a notice on reddit that climate turned off if < 20%. Is this real? I'm pretty sure i've used climate with battery <20% before...
* Is teh lag from v11 update fixed? Esp backup camera
It's Keep and Dog modes that are not available if battery is below 20%. If you park the car with climate running and battery drops below 20% you'll be notified in the app so you can intercede. Climate works below 20% if you're in the car.

This is not new BTW

Last edited:
Reactions: acatwith12
Can we keep the personal attack BS to a minimum please?

I'm trying to monitor feedback of software improvements to gauge when to update to v11 from v10. This crappy banter just clogs up an otherwise helpful thread.

I'm REALLY close to going for it. Many improvements are rolling out in the recent flurry of updates.

Pros:
  • Wiper defrost
  • removing music sources
  • reportedly improved AP (phantom braking)
  • fixed back up camera lagging
  • top row icons back (enough anyway)
  • edit waypoints
  • supercharger locations in map restored
  • dashcam tap to record

Last holdouts for me to switch (please report if these are corrected, and in which update):
  • Font size (SOC, time, Speed, warning pop up display (text messages, etc) all too small.
  • Light grey, medium grey dark grey icon status indication, reverse logic in different features. I heard some reports that this is getting cleaned up and some consistency established, but only vague mentions.
  • skipping FM stations cycles into streaming sources, does not stay on FM presets only.
  • seat heater and defrost status not always shown on home screen.
  • night map side road contrast. Actually use side roads a lot to find next turn on nav in unfamiliar places.
Unknown to me, ongoing issue:
  • Heat pump cold weather. Did this get sorted? No issues in v10, really don't want to break it.
Wishlist. Any if these would tip the scale, I'd put up with anything to have them:
  • Right scroll wheel sets wiper or fan speed when control active
  • seat heater and or defrost controls can add to custom tray.
  • SoC remaining always showing in nav directions
Reports say the geolocation in the browser is fixed, so things like TeslaWaze and some radar sites work again.
I'm stuck at 2021.44.30.11. Maybe soon I'll get 2021.44.30.14 so I can finally get 2022.4.5

Can someone please explain the wiper defrost feature? Does this simply place the wipers in "service" mode so as to defrost along with the windshield, or is there something else, more elaborate going on? Thanks in advance.

Can someone please explain the wiper defrost feature? Does this simply place the wipers in "service" mode so as to defrost along with the windshield, or is there something else, more elaborate going on? Thanks in advance.
There's now a heater under the wiper parking area. If you didn't get your car this year, you probably won't have the feature. I haven't seen anything that clearly shows when the production cut-in was. How to tell if you have heated wipers on your Tesla Model 3/Y (if you don't have 2022.4.5 yet)

Reactions: MP3Mike and mm9351
There's now a heater under the wiper parking area. If you didn't get your car this year, you probably won't have the feature. I haven't seen anything that clearly shows when the production cut-in was. How to tell if you have heated wipers on your Tesla Model 3/Y (if you don't have 2022.4.5 yet)
Thanks, and as you suggested I confirmed I don't have this feature. This would sure come in handy today (snowing) and would be even more useful for you folks in Canada.

Only for cars with heater hardware, which I suspect is later than yours. How to tell if you have heated wipers on your Tesla Model 3/Y (if you don't have 2022.4.5 yet)

Only driver profiles and Sentry indicator. Changing BT source is still a PITA requiring multiple taps. LTE signal strength not shown, only flagged when it's offline

Only if you use one of 4 customizable icon locations for dashcam

Never shown on home screen. Seat heaters on HVAC page and also mini-page, defrost on main HVAC page only (tap temp or sweep up to open)

Sounds like this was actually caused by certain January V11 versions and it resulted in a physical failure in the system. It won't happen with 2021.44.30.7 and later, but any damage done by earlier updates may require corrective action by the SC. Tesla provides new details on heat pump issues in NHTSA recall document

Never going to happen - that would conflict with TACC control modes
Sorry, left scroll wheel? The one that does volume the rest of the time.

I thought some S and X did this already?

Shoot, was hoping they shifted the wipers to service mode and let them warm up with the windshield. I set that night before when it's freezing anyway, but of a pain to have to go back to service to re set them, they should cancel when shifting to D.

Last edited: