Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we keep the personal attack BS to a minimum please?

I'm trying to monitor feedback of software improvements to gauge when to update to v11 from v10. This crappy banter just clogs up an otherwise helpful thread.
At least you were polite about it. You must be one of the few people here with a car not on the holiday update. There's virtually no cars on TeslaFi that are compatible with the V11 UI update and don't yet have it.

BTW it's easy to check someone's posting history. It's quite informative.

Shoot, was hoping they shifted the wipers to service mode and let them warm up with the windshield. I set that night before when it's freezing anyway, but of a pain to have to go back to service to re set them, they should cancel when shifting to D.
Sure would be nice! My VW wipers come out of service position just by activating them normally. Not only do Tesla wipers stay in service mode regardless of wiper selection, the button to cancel service mode is grayed out once D is engaged.

Reactions: OxBrew
At least you were polite about it. You must be one of the few people here with a car not on the holiday update. There's virtually no cars on TeslaFi that are compatible with the V11 UI update and don't yet have it.

BTW it's easy to check someone's posting history. It's quite informative.
Yeah, still on 2021.44.6. Pending DL of 2022.4.5.1, wifi off as long as possible.

Yeah, I may have had some strong critiques of some of the early updates that got pushed out, but trying to turn over a new leaf and accept things as they come.

Sure would be nice! My VW wipers come out of service position just by activating them normally. Not only do Tesla wipers stay in service mode regardless of wiper selection, the button to cancel service mode is grayed out once D is engaged.
On my MS (2020 - last batch with full wheel) the manual recommends to put the wipers in service mode when expecting freeze. Then I can use the defrost to quickly warm them and when I switch to D they automatically go down, out of service mode. It may have something to do with “cold weather package” - I also have wiper heaters (in normal position), nozzles and mirrors heaters.

On my MS (2020 - last batch with full wheel) the manual recommends to put the wipers in service mode when expecting freeze. Then I can use the defrost to quickly warm them and when I switch to D they automatically go down, out of service mode. It may have something to do with “cold weather package” - I also have wiper heaters (in normal position), nozzles and mirrors heaters.
Wonder why they didn't do that on Model 3/Y? It certainly is a pain the way it works now.

Reactions: OxBrew
No Hulu here so can’t test.

Tesla changed the multimedia player behavior when resizing between full and mini/medium.
When touching the left “square” with the station or song picture, it will no longer collapse and disappear.
It keeps switching between full size and mini or medium depending on which one you chose previously.
This is much better by my book.

Below comment is for us really Legacy cars with old nerfed batteries. 😉

As for SuC charging, we are on our way to the mountain, so good opportunity to enjoy the SuCs. There is a little improvement for me: my battery was following the rule of thumb %SoC + kW =100. Now it sums to 110. Already witnessed at the first two SuCs.
…a few follow-up questions,

1. Have you noticed any negative supercharging changes since V11?

2. Has the browser been restored to 3/4 size as in version 10?

3. Are zoom buttons back on map and are these toggles still on the left under the navigation turn by turn directions?

No idea when this changed/added driving down I5 WSP with all the happy lights going. Got a pop up informing me that emergency vehicle ahead and reducing speed, interesting 🤔
I got that on the second to last v10 update. No idea what it was, but saw the same thing in late November, after a recent update.

I thought it worked really well, slowed and hugged the shoulder exactly like I would have. 65 mph speed limit, 2 lane highway, gently slowed about 5mph.

No zoom buttons for me. Zooming with fingers (really funny to watch when driving on a rough road)
Yep. The pinch gesture is imprecise, and frequently causes the map to pan and rotate. It's very inconvenient while driving.

Another way to zoom in the map is a double tap with one finger; this always keeps the center point, so it has a similar effect to the old "+" button.

However: why hasn't Tesla used the two-finger tap gesture to zoom out the map? It's almost universally used on touch screen devices.

Reactions: TSLC
Perfectly fine for prototyping but inexcusable for crucial production level software. It is not that expensive either.

Well, it depends. Development can happen (a great deal now) offshore in locations like the EU, China and India. Cranking out lines of code or making new functions isn't hard - it's the QA side that comes into play. So you could / would manage the QA side of things back here in the US (along with scheduling scrums, defining business requirements and of course test cases).

Sometimes you'd have peer-programming (two-devs) and dev costs are typically higher than the associated QA engineer cost. Top developers earn top dollar, while no one has been clamoring for top QA engineers.

So maybe we'd require the developer to throw in their unit tests into their Git repository, but that doesn't mean it's fully vetted. The same thing may apply to UI functionality where you actually do need another set of tools to create the "click this button, and then that button" flow testing.

In an ideal world, the test case is crafted before you create a singular line of code, that way you not only create the code that matches the feature, but it passes the test. However, this isn't an ideal world and code quality comes in after the fact and if the developer is writing it, nothing stops them from putting in an exit(0) which works as part of a validation suite.

Code maturity models have been out there for years, and it's often the organizations which experience the fastest rates of growth (directly, or through a M&A) which have the hardest times.

To keep it on the Tesla functionality ... downloading 2022.4.5.1 right now. Let's see what broke :/

Reactions: Boza
Has the ability to easily launch the dash cam viewer been re-added? It's driving me absolutely mad not being able to launch the viewer to check Sentry. I have a fresh scrape on my 3-month old 2022 M3LR and no way to check the footage (without removing the drive and taking it inside).

Has the ability to easily launch the dash cam viewer been re-added? It's driving me absolutely mad not being able to launch the viewer to check Sentry. I have a fresh scrape on my 3-month old 2022 M3LR and no way to check the footage (without removing the drive and taking it inside).
It was never gone. Get in car, "You have 3 sentry alerts" - hit that message, opens the viewer to see your videos. OR, you can find it under "dashcam" among the apps. If it's missing on your car, that's something peculiar to your car -- they didn't get rid of it in V11.