Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else witness some crazy things from the car during the download? Downloaded via hotspot while driving and car was acting all wonky; skipping FM radio, screen unresponsive, then four dashes where battery percentage was, parking brake icon, no viz, black screen, all while driving - pretty entertaining. I thought I was on the path to a unwelcomed hard reset, but it toughed it out and came back to normal just as I got home.
My X does the same stuff, it usually waits until I am driving on the 101 to PCH.

Has the ability to easily launch the dash cam viewer been re-added? It's driving me absolutely mad not being able to launch the viewer to check Sentry. I have a fresh scrape on my 3-month old 2022 M3LR and no way to check the footage (without removing the drive and taking it inside).
The dashcam icon is now part of the customizable package, either move it to the launcher bar or press the 3 dots to access. The (welcome) changeTesla made in 2022.4.5 is to restore the function for that icon to save dashcam clips while driving, but it always launched the viewer while parked.

Is there any trick in triggering the update, like turning on/off wifi, rebooting? I'm still on 2021.44.30.10 from Christmas, and it's been what 4 different updates since then? Is the rolling stop by any chance fixed in the latest updates? I experienced it for the first time this past weekend at a 4-way stop that frequently has hidden police cruisers. I was lucky there wasn't any or for sure I would've gotten a ticket.

Is there any trick in triggering the update, like turning on/off wifi, rebooting? I'm still on 2021.44.30.10 from Christmas, and it's been what 4 different updates since then? Is the rolling stop by any chance fixed in the latest updates? I experienced it for the first time this past weekend at a 4-way stop that frequently has hidden police cruisers. I was lucky there wasn't any or for sure I would've gotten a ticket.
You could try changing your update preference to Advanced. Otherwise, you'll just have to be patient.

I'm still on 2021.44.30.10 from Christmas, and it's been what 4 different updates since then? Is the rolling stop by any chance fixed in the latest updates?
Rolling stops were turned off in 2021.44.30.15, but it doesn't appear that they are rolling that out to any additional people at this time. (There isn't a FSD Beta version based on 2022.x yet.)

Reactions: mangrove79
My dashcam is working fine, and the ability to now lock the icon in the screen is helpful. I am still trying to figure out what I am doing wrong with Sentry. My 2018 had it on all the time. I can't seem to figure out how to keep Sentry mode on with my 2022 refresh. Every time I park, whether at home or elsewhere, it is off, and I have to manually turn it on. Is there a solution for this?

My dashcam is working fine, and the ability to now lock the icon in the screen is helpful. I am still trying to figure out what I am doing wrong with Sentry. My 2018 had it on all the time. I can't seem to figure out how to keep Sentry mode on with my 2022 refresh. Every time I park, whether at home or elsewhere, it is off, and I have to manually turn it on. Is there a solution for this?
You can trade cars with me. Mine is on all the time - even where I have excluded it - and I don't know why that is happening. I'm always tapping the red dot to turn it off when I park at home.

Do you have Sentry selected on in the Safety page?

You can trade cars with me. Mine is on all the time - even where I have excluded it - and I don't know why that is happening. I'm always tapping the red dot to turn it off when I park at home.

Do you have Sentry selected on in the Safety page?
Sorry, no deal! ;)
I do have Sentry selected. I have to play with it some more, but I just can't seem to keep it on automatically. I know that it not a "exclude work" situation, as I don't even have my work address programmed in. We have a rash of car burglaries in our neighborhood, and my car has been tossed several times already. They come by on bikes and look for open cars. In the past, I forgot to turn on the auto-lock feature when I had to have it off for something. My son left my car window open last night, and someone stole, of all things, my two N95 masks. Nothing else! The weirdest thing is that they were both USED! Yuck.

Sorry, no deal! ;)
I do have Sentry selected. I have to play with it some more, but I just can't seem to keep it on automatically. I know that it not a "exclude work" situation, as I don't even have my work address programmed in. We have a rash of car burglaries in our neighborhood, and my car has been tossed several times already. They come by on bikes and look for open cars. In the past, I forgot to turn on the auto-lock feature when I had to have it off for something. My son left my car window open last night, and someone stole, of all things, my two N95 masks. Nothing else! The weirdest thing is that they were both USED! Yuck.
That sucks! Does MS have "close window on lock" option? That, combined with the app alert for open windows, is a good measure but I don't know how many models it works on.
Maybe it's worth raising a service request, at least that way you can see if it's a known issue.

Font size (SOC, time, Speed, warning pop up display (text messages, etc) all too small.
That’s almost certainly never changing
skipping FM stations cycles into streaming sources, does not stay on FM presets only.
Nope, it’s clear that no one at Tesla listens to terrestrial radio.
- impossible to unfavorite a station if you can’t tune to it first. Moved across the country and still have 3 favorites I cannot remove
- favorites list no longer shows the current station, so every time you change stations, the entire list rearranges. Literally impossible to remember where each station is, and using the scroll wheel to get to the next station is a game of Russian roulette. Plus I have no idea what the order even is, my phone’s Bluetooth connection is somehow in the middle of the radio station favorites and its position changes every time I switch stations.

They did add the ability to turn off sources in this update finally. For some bizarre reason, they require that you keep at least 3 sources enabled at all times.

That’s almost certainly never changing

Nope, it’s clear that no one at Tesla listens to terrestrial radio.
- impossible to unfavorite a station if you can’t tune to it first. Moved across the country and still have 3 favorites I cannot remove
- favorites list no longer shows the current station, so every time you change stations, the entire list rearranges. Literally impossible to remember where each station is, and using the scroll wheel to get to the next station is a game of Russian roulette. Plus I have no idea what the order even is, my phone’s Bluetooth connection is somehow in the middle of the radio station favorites and its position changes every time I switch stations.

They did add the ability to turn off sources in this update finally. For some bizarre reason, they require that you keep at least 3 sources enabled at all times.
Glad to hear that I am not the only one who thinks this is FUBAR. Makes zero sense.
How do you turn off sources?

Reactions: Sporty
Is the rolling stop by any chance fixed in the latest updates? I experienced it for the first time this past weekend at a 4-way stop that frequently has hidden police cruisers. I was lucky there wasn't any or for sure I would've gotten a ticket.

Do use the brake pedal.

Drivers are supposed to override AP/FSD every time it does the wrong thing.

impossible to unfavorite a station if you can’t tune to it first. Moved across the country and still have 3 favorites I cannot remove

What if you delete and recreate your driver profile?

As far as I can see, there's no change in the actual charger display, just easier access. Types of chargers shown depend on whether you select 1, 2 or 3 lightning bolts.

One thing to be careful about is that many settings are automatically saved in driver profiles, so it may be different depending on who is driving. My wife and I had a big disagreement because she asked where the radio icon was and I told her it was on the bottom line. She insisted that she couldn't see it, and I thought she was just being difficult but finally realized her icon layout was different from mine.
So you're saying the icons in the lower tray are driver specific? If I move something down there it will not show up when the wife's driving. Did not realize this.

Reactions: lensovet