Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you're saying the icons in the lower tray are driver specific? If I move something down there it will not show up when the wife's driving. Did not realize this.
Yes, it looks that way. I really wish we had a list of every setting that's attached to each driver profile, I suspect it's quite extensive now. I know it includes HVAC, which is why you might find a different temperature and seat heater setting when you get in the car after you precondition it from the app. If the preconditioning was done while a different driver profile was active, those settings will change when you get inside. Navigation preferences are driver-specific too, and Tesla recently allowed each driver to have different Home and Work locations (which makes perfect sense when you think about it).

What I've learned is that if you make a change on the screen and you see the green check with "Saving" at the top, then it's part of your individual profile.

Can anyone confirm any voice command improvement in 2022.4.5? I'm still on V11 (christmas) and there is one annoying "bug". Every other menu under the car icon works with the voice command "open/show xxx settings" except the Trips settings. For example, "open controls settings" or "show service settings" work whereas "open trips settings" gives Command not recognized. Trips settings is by far the menu that I would like to access since V11 moved the trip cards there specifically. It's so weird that's the only one that doesn't work with voice command. Want to see if that's fixed in 4.5.

This is a joke right

No, but on second thought, create a new profile, and if it doesn't include the stuck/broken data, then set your other settings and delete the old profile.

Trips settings is by far the menu that I would like to access since V11 moved the trip cards there specifically. It's so weird that's the only one that doesn't work with voice command. Want to see if that's fixed in 4.5.

This might be yet another consequence of using a server to interpret the voice commands. If the server doesn't know the car's software version, returning instructions to open a screen that might not exist in the car could cause trouble. There are ways to handle that.

Reactions: mangrove79
This might be yet another consequence of using a server to interpret the voice commands. If the server doesn't know the car's software version, returning instructions to open a screen that might not exist in the car could cause trouble. There are ways to handle that.
That makes sense. The voice command algorithm probably didn't keep up (or scale up) with the introduction of the Trips menu in V11. It's still on V10, going by a static set of menus that's pre-V11. I didn't think of that. I thought the command-recognition logic should be version-independent, i.e. dynamic. Silly me. Still, wonder if 4.5 has improved in any way.

Tesla changed the multimedia player behavior when resizing between full and mini/medium.
When touching the left “square” with the station or song picture, it will no longer collapse and disappear.
It keeps switching between full size and mini or medium depending on which one you chose previously.
This is much better by my book.
Is there a way to change this? I want the multimedia screen to collapse when I hit the button like it used to, and like all the other apps continue to do. I prefer to keep the player on "medium" size and open/collapse it from there. With this new update I have to swipe down (to mini) and then swipe down again to make it actually collapse?? Hitting the button makes it expand to full size? I want to change the station and get the player off the screen without having to do multiple precision movements on the screen...

Reactions: jmas and Boza
Is there a way to change this?
Sorry, I don’t know.
I personally like the new behavior, except indeed it requires more swipe down to make it disappear.
I rarely want to make it disappear, so this is not a big deal to me.
But indeed I’d find it even better if the icon in the app bar allowed to close or open it. I’d keep the behavior on the album art/station picture as is (or switch between large and medium/mini).

I wish it stayed during driving on the M3P, I have “cruise” and “sport” profiles to change driving dynamics on the fly.
In most situations it is safer if the profile cannot be changed while driving. An unintended change to the profile (by the driver or passenger) while the car is moving could either squeeze the driver against the steering wheel or push them back so far they can't reach the pedals.

In most situations it is safer if the profile cannot be changed while driving. An unintended change to the profile (by the driver or passenger) while the car is moving could either squeeze the driver against the steering wheel or push them back so far they can't reach the pedals.
A noob to-become-owner here.

Is there such a thing as "normal" and "sports" mode in Teslas? If so, is it possible to flip between modes while moving?

Is there such a thing as "normal" and "sports" mode in Teslas? If so, is it possible to flip between modes while moving?
Welcome to the collective! You should be able to find a PDF owner's manual online - I believe it's accessible through your Tesla account once you have placed an order. That will help you understand the finer points on the car. I think what you're looking for is probably Standard and Chill acceleration settings. You can change those through the vehicle menu, or you can make two driver profiles for yourself so it's easier to keep track of where you left the configuration. Although Chill provide more gradual off-the-mark acceleration, I find that the pedal movement isn't well harmonized with regenerative braking. I prefer Standard, which requires less pedal movement for the same boost.

Reactions: rxlawdude

On MS you have to park to switch between Standard and Chill, if that is what you are saving for. Otherwise, the suspension and driving have Sport mode - it firms up the suspension and makes the steering more responsive.

Here's the link to the Model 3 Owner's Manual in all localized versions, Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

If you want a different model, just Google it.

It's in web format, no longer available in PDF format, but it takes advantage of that to include some animations.

Hopefully they'll add a dictionary of the sounds the car makes: A common newbie question is what does this chime mean? Describing a sound in text doesn't work so well.

Tesla writes the most readable, concise, well organized car manuals I've ever read, and they regularly improve it. (At the other extreme is the Nissan Leaf manual.)

IIRC, its maintenance recommendations have evolved over the years.

On MS you have to park to switch between Standard and Chill, if that is what you are saving for. Otherwise, the suspension and driving have Sport mode - it firms up the suspension and makes the steering more responsive.
Wow, I didn't know that. I have a Model Y and I frequently switch from Standard to Chill while driving, esp to switch back to Standard if I'm approaching a merge where I might need some extra juice. I would pin it to the bar if there was room and they allowed it.
I must add, I have driven a MS and the air suspension is so great.

Wow, I didn't know that. I have a Model Y and I frequently switch from Standard to Chill while driving, esp to switch back to Standard if I'm approaching a merge where I might need some extra juice. I would pin it to the bar if there was room and they allowed it.
I must add, I have driven a MS and the air suspension is so great.
Why not just keep it in Standard all the time? Can't trust yourself?