Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps lean and mean software code isn’t necessary with the introduction of the Ryzen chip?
That is exactly the problem. There are many more cars without Ryzen chip. On the other hand, Tesla is moving more and more into transaction rather than relationship model, so that may not be even a factor in their thinking. Wondering what is their old customers retention ratio.

Lean and mean software is _always_ necessary; it is one of the main characteristics of quality code. However, that realization comes with experience.

Installed 4.5 on 16 Feb (in a May 2018 LR TM3 with V3 computer), first two drives were 19 Feb.

Tire pressure pictogram has disappeared; no way to monitor tire pressure’s.

Ultrasonic sensors no longer acknowledge snow banks; used to work flawlessly for past four winters, now my turnaround snowbank has a nice imprint of the rear end of the car in it.

When ultrasonic sensors do detect barriers, the stereo audio is now distorted/staticky or cuts out completely.
Did you do a reboot after the update installed? I know that others have said that in general, they have to perform a reboot after a SW update. I had to do it once early on in my ownership but not since.

Installed 4.5 on 16 Feb (in a May 2018 LR TM3 with V3 computer), first two drives were 19 Feb.

Tire pressure pictogram has disappeared; no way to monitor tire pressure’s.

Ultrasonic sensors no longer acknowledge snow banks; used to work flawlessly for past four winters, now my turnaround snowbank has a nice imprint of the rear end of the car in it.

When ultrasonic sensors do detect barriers, the stereo audio is now distorted/staticky or cuts out completely.

"Tire pressure pictogram has disappeared; no way to monitor tire pressure’s." Agreed, miss that option, but you can see tire presure in 'service' menu (on the MY)

1645450518793.png

This broke my model y passenger lumbar retrofit. My car was built may 2021. One day after the announcement. I retrofitted lumbar to the passenger seat with current part number official parts. Now it doesn’t work.
Perhaps you need the “drivers”, for those line replaceable units, downloaded from Tesla.

Based on a headlamp replacement experience I went through over three years ago, one cannot just get an item off the shelf amd replace it (as per the way things used to be replaceable) in these cars.

Perhaps you need the “drivers”, for those line replaceable units, downloaded from Tesla.

Based on a headlamp replacement experience I went through over three years ago, one cannot just get an item off the shelf amd replace it (as per the way things used to be replaceable) in these cars.
Its worked since April of 2021. I reached out to the service center about it

Reactions: navguy12