Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40.300.1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MYLR last week with 40.200 from the factory and just got an update to 40.300.1. It says it will take only 25 minutes so pretty minor, but I haven’t seen that version posted about before. Is it normal to get a tiny update like that from the factory version?

Yes, it's normal. There may be safety updates ("recalls") at any time which would be considered to be mandatory so they get pushed out.

The .x00 series seems to be used for cars which are recently put in service, I presume there may be extra diagnostics collected so they can see if any process changes in the factory resulted in any problem (or fixed them).

At some point, maybe a month or two in, you will get an upgrade to the normal mainstream version.

By the way, the update message always says '25 minutes', which often may not be exactly true.

Yes, it's normal. There may be safety updates ("recalls") at any time which would be considered to be mandatory so they get pushed out.

The .x00 series seems to be used for cars which are recently put in service, I presume there may be extra diagnostics collected so they can see if any process changes in the factory resulted in any problem (or fixed them).

At some point, maybe a month or two in, you will get an upgrade to the normal mainstream version.

By the way, the update message always says '25 minutes', which often may not be exactly true.
I literally just upgrade my 2 week old MYLR to 2022.40.300.1 and it made this wild sound while updating (VIDEO). This went on for a few more seconds after video end and then started again near the frunk for 10 seconds or so. Sounded like water sloshing around or something. Didn't hear any examples of this sound on owner's manual 'normal sounds', any thoughts?

I literally just upgrade my 2 week old MYLR to 2022.40.300.1 and it made this wild sound while updating (VIDEO). This went on for a few more seconds after video end and then started again near the frunk for 10 seconds or so. Sounded like water sloshing around or something. Didn't hear any examples of this sound on owner's manual 'normal sounds', any thoughts?

These cars make all sorts of sounds while updating, ANYTHING you hear while a software update is happening is normal (literally anything). So, for "any thoughts?" the answer is " dont pay attention to anything that happens during a software update, its best to not even be near the car while its doing it if this kind of thing is going to bother you".