Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40.4.1 am I screwed out of FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you in fact drop out of the FDSb request queue by hitting the button in the car, then sign back up by hitting it again??

Do you think visiting the software page triggered the actual moment of download when you had become eligible?
Yes, I dropped out of the queue, then signed up again a minute later. I don't think there's much of a backlog at this point. I bet cars get it about as soon as they're eligible.

Visiting the software page definitely triggered the download. Usually, it says "Checking for updates..." then says "up to date" a few seconds later. This time it got stuck on "Checking for updates..." then about an hour later the update was downloaded and ready for install.

I got my model x with 2022.40.200 and purchased FSD with it. Already drove 250+ miles autopilot with FSD request. Nothing yet, any advice for me?
If you are offered an update to a 2022.40.x version, you might as well take that. Then you will continue be in the same boat as I and many others who are waiting for FSD beta to be offered in a 2022.40 compatible wrapper. Until then, you probably won't get FSD beta which is now in a 2022.36 wrapper.

However, if before then, you are offered a 2022.44.x update, or possibly 2022.48.x etc., you might want to hold off until more information comes out about FSD beta catch-up synchronization.

I don't think you can even try playing the down-versioning game that @modl3and @archae86 are discussing, because your car was born with 2022.40.

No outsiders know for sure, but it could be a longer wait for FSD beta to get to 2022.40 or higher. This is because so far, the only FSD beta releases on that branch include the very major upgrade to FSDb version 11 which finally brings current code to the Navigate on Autopilot highway FSD. So pessimistically, they'll have to dither with that for a while before allowing it into the wide release category, another reason the 2022.40 folks might have a long wait. OTOH, nothing is stopping them from filling the gap and preparing a version of the already released FSDb 10.69.3.x in a 2022.40.x wrapper.

Hopefully this issue will be clarified and straightened out soon. The bad scenario would be a rolling game of version-chasing, that we keep updating to the latest primary software, and we keep running ahead of the FSD beta. It seems to be established that Tesla will not go backwards on the software branch in order to let you have FSD beta.

Does 2022.40.5 include FSD v11?
That version is the one that a limited number of employees got for FSD Beta 11. The app recently updated to show release notes from vehicles on 2022.40+, so most likely some employee on that version shared notes from the app.

Seems like there was some issues needing to resolve before updating more vehicles to a newer FSD Beta 11.0.1.

So my 2023 MX LR went from 2022.28.300 to 2022.40.4.1. It's the one and only software update it's received. I have FSD all bought and paid for...any trick to me getting it? I have a high safety score, lots of miles driven on autopilot, etc...

It sounds like I'm just waiting for the engineering team at Tesla to make FSD compatible with 2022.40.X.X? Do we any timeline on that, or any way to downgrade to an older version to get FSD?

How often does this “sync up” usually occur?
I was in the same boat up until 10.69.3.1. My car had upgraded to 2022.28.2 just as the earlier FSDb update (based on an earlier thread) was pushed to an additional 60k testers, so I was left out of the fun at that time (like you are now). However, once 10.69.3.1 came along, based on the 2022.36.x branch, I got into FSDb fairly quickly (along with a ton of other people).

So now, with V11 theoretically being released at some point in the coming month(s) and based on 2022.40.x or later branch, you should get into the FSDb program once V11 hits. Just be careful not to update to any newer "standard" software in the meantime that could push you beyond whatever branch V11 is on.

If I had to guess, I'd say you might get FSD by the end of the year, if the rumors of V11 being the Christmas release come true. Good luck! I'm really enjoying having FSDb, and I know you're really excited to try it out.

Should 2022.36.6 be eligible at this point? I have a 2017 S with FSD computer, mcu2, and camera replacements plus running this version. Have >500 miles on AP, 90 SS, and nothing in the Safety Score section showing that I am ineligible. Been queued since basically the start. I feel like I may be missing some requirement I am not sure of.

Should 2022.36.6 be eligible at this point?
Yes, try doing an automatic diagnostics via the Tesla app -> Service -> Request Service -> Infotainment -> Software Update. Separately, others have found success in reinstalling the current firmware from the "service" mode from the vehicle Software screen.

Even if automatic diagnostics shows no issues, go ahead and file an actual service request as it sounds like your vehicle should be eligible to upgrade from 2022.36.6 to 2022.36.20 / FSD Beta 10.69.3.1.