Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40.4.1 am I screwed out of FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, try doing an automatic diagnostics via the Tesla app -> Service -> Request Service -> Infotainment -> Software Update. Separately, others have found success in reinstalling the current firmware from the "service" mode from the vehicle Software screen.

Even if automatic diagnostics shows no issues, go ahead and file an actual service request as it sounds like your vehicle should be eligible to upgrade from 2022.36.6 to 2022.36.20 / FSD Beta 10.69.3.1.
Doing the reinstall actually did it, thanks for the suggestion!

Attachments

• 9227B34B-F488-474E-9297-C836FA987D4A.jpeg
    9227B34B-F488-474E-9297-C836FA987D4A.jpeg
    49.1 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: TresLA
Should 2022.36.6 be eligible at this point? I have a 2017 S with FSD computer, mcu2, and camera replacements plus running this version. Have >500 miles on AP, 90 SS, and nothing in the Safety Score section showing that I am ineligible. Been queued since basically the start. I feel like I may be missing some requirement I am not sure of.
My car is similar to yours and I just got my complementary camera upgrade. Requested it through the service app and had to take the car in. They replaced a number of cameras to the slightly more colorful option. Now waiting for the download. Good luck!

My car is similar to yours and I just got my complementary camera upgrade. Requested it through the service app and had to take the car in. They replaced a number of cameras to the slightly more colorful option. Now waiting for the download. Good luck!
Highly recommend that you call Tesla to verify that your cameras are showing as updated in their system after the install of your new cameras. There are a ton of people that said their cams still showed as RCCC in teslas system.. when they should show RCCB

Highly recommend that you call Tesla to verify that your cameras are showing as updated in their system after the install of your new cameras. There are a ton of people that said their cams still showed as RCCC in teslas system.. when they should show RCCB
While true, I believe the SS app lets you know if you do not have the proper cameras. No need to call unnecessarily.

Reactions: StealthP3D
So if 40.4.5 is the fsdb and I have 40.4.2 will I miss 40.4.5 if I upgrade to what the car is currently asking for, 20.44.2? I’m ignorant of the software sequencing if it’s logical somehow
It would mean you would miss the CURRENT V11 beta code (at 2022.40.5), but I think it unlikely that most people would get access to that version without some revision. Further V11 revision means it could be on any subsequent software version they choose. As long as you have requested the FSD beta, I would simply trust that you won't be offered software beyond the next wide release.

It would mean you would miss the CURRENT V11 beta code (at 2022.40.5), but I think it unlikely that most people would get access to that version without some revision. Further V11 revision means it could be on any subsequent software version they choose. As long as you have requested the FSD beta, I would simply trust that you won't be offered software beyond the next wide release.
There is a 40.4.5 which many think will be 10.69.3.2. Who knows.

Anyway, don’t update if you want FSD beta and you don’t have it.

Pretty simple. There is nothing important enough in the updates and if you want FSD beta you are not going to be getting any of that stuff in a timely manner until the merge anyway so may as well get used to it.

Reactions: KArnold
Ok, thanks. You wrote FSDb must be requested? Is that still the consensus? I thought it would be outright offered if one has purchased FSD.

Probably 2022.40.4.5 or whatever comes after, 2022.40.4.6 or 2022.40.4.5.2 lol.
Ok, technically correct. 🤔.

Bottom line - don't install a mainstream version higher than whatever the next FSD will be. I'm guessing it will be 2022.40.something, so don't go to 2022.44.something. The newer version may download but don't install it if FSDb is your objective.

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life