Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40.4.1 am I screwed out of FSD beta?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this is a dumb question…
But how does this work?
I’m on 40.4.1
have requested beta but dont have it.
i understand that i need to decline software updates… but when the fsd beta update reaches the level of software I have the car will automatically get it, or will there be a separate update I’ll need to accept?

Sorry if this is a dumb question…
But how does this work?
I’m on 40.4.1
have requested beta but dont have it.
i understand that i need to decline software updates… but when the fsd beta update reaches the level of software I have the car will automatically get it, or will there be a separate update I’ll need to accept?
The sofware version that you are being offered will change once in a while, as newer versions come out. There will eventually be a software update that you have to accept. Pay attention to the software version that is being offered, and check on TeslaFi or TeslaScope to figure out whether the version you are offered is one of the few that are FSD Beta - if so, accept it. Until then, reject it.

the rollout of the current deployment candidate on the double-stack path (2022.40.4.10/10.69.3.3) seems to be progressing a bit differently than the pattern I've gotten used to.
Relying on TeslaFi reporting:
First a single installation (presumably one employee)
A few days later a small number, including Chuck and other prominent influencers.

this second step commonly has had just about six or seven installations. but on this release TeslaFi has so far seen 19 installations among their subscribers, with another 9 downloaded and ready to install, plus one currently downloading.

While the sampling rate of TeslaFi varies by population, I hazard a guess that about half of the prominent influencers may be subscribers, but only about 3% of all people of have purchased or have an active subscription to FSD, and have requested FSDb.

Since the "extra people" here are more likely general population FSDb people, the number we can actually see suggest many hundreds of cars have already been offered this release.

Maybe Tesla is trying to pick up the pace on the release process on this one, which might improve my chances of getting my first-ever FSDb software for the model 3 I took delivery on in early November. I'm blocked from the older FSDb releases by having too high a number on my currently installed software.

the rollout of the current deployment candidate on the double-stack path (2022.40.4.10/10.69.3.3) seems to be progressing a bit differently than the pattern I've gotten used to.
Relying on TeslaFi reporting:
First a single installation (presumably one employee)
A few days later a small number, including Chuck and other prominent influencers.

this second step commonly has had just about six or seven installations. but on this release TeslaFi has so far seen 19 installations among their subscribers, with another 9 downloaded and ready to install, plus one currently downloading.

While the sampling rate of TeslaFi varies by population, I hazard a guess that about half of the prominent influencers may be subscribers, but only about 3% of all people of have purchased or have an active subscription to FSD, and have requested FSDb.

Since the "extra people" here are more likely general population FSDb people, the number we can actually see suggest many hundreds of cars have already been offered this release.

Maybe Tesla is trying to pick up the pace on the release process on this one, which might improve my chances of getting my first-ever FSDb software for the model 3 I took delivery on in early November. I'm blocked from the older FSDb releases by having too high a number on my currently installed software.
Makes sense. I’m on 2022.40.4.2 for my MYP delivered in early November, still waiting…

Currently on 2022.40.200. According to Teslascope, 10.69.3.3 is available with 2022.40.4.10. If subscribed to FSD, will the vehicle update to 10.69.3.3 along with 2022.40.4.10?

Curiously, for someone who is on a newer base (e.g., .44) and subscribes to FSD, they would simply not get FSD until the branch catches up (after they have already paid for the subscription)? I think that is what I'm reading in this thread, but just want to make sure I understand.

Thanks!

Currently on 2022.40.200. According to Teslascope, 10.69.3.3 is available with 2022.40.4.10. If subscribed to FSD, will the vehicle update to 10.69.3.3 along with 2022.40.4.10?

Curiously, for someone who is on a newer base (e.g., .44) and subscribes to FSD, they would simply not get FSD until the branch catches up (after they have already paid for the subscription)? I think that is what I'm reading in this thread, but just want to make sure I understand.

Thanks!
isn't 2022.40.200 > 2022.40.2 ??

Yes, but 2022.40.4.x is newer than 2022.40.200, as far as I can tell, and 10.69.3.3 is available with 40.4.10.
Release dates are irrelevant. Numerical version numbers will control what is "before" and "after" regarding updates. I would be surprised if the next general release wasn't on the 2022.44 or later branch, so it's still just a matter of waiting a bit more.

We opted into FSDb queue in the newer one as well, but already updated to 2022.40.4.2. 2022.44.2 has been downloaded and awaiting installation for days. I just ignore it.
Ignoring the downloaded update was annoying but looks like it paid off! Just got the alert that FSD Beta 10.69.3.3 (2022.40.4.10) is available for our newer one that doesn’t have FSDb yet!

So to recap: 2022 M3P delivery this last June was on 2022.40.4.2, had downloaded 2022.44.2 and popups trying to get us to install but ignored and now we get FSDb v10.69.3.3 (not single-stack FSDb v11), AKA software version 2022.40.4.10.

Our older M3 is still on software version 2022.36.20 (FSDb v10.69.3.1) for whatever reason. Will be interesting to see when both get FSDb v11 (single-stack highway FSDb)

Reactions: Gbills
Latest FSD 36.3.3 is finally downloading for me!!! First time getting it!! Cam upgrade on 2017 model S . I’ve waiting 5 years for this lol

Attachments

• 43BAF168-5DAE-4351-96E5-52E3FEFC19FF.jpeg
    43BAF168-5DAE-4351-96E5-52E3FEFC19FF.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: TresLA
Ignoring the downloaded update was annoying but looks like it paid off! Just got the alert that FSD Beta 10.69.3.3 (2022.40.4.10) is available for our newer one that doesn’t have FSDb yet!

So to recap: 2022 M3P delivery this last June was on 2022.40.4.2, had downloaded 2022.44.2 and popups trying to get us to install but ignored and now we get FSDb v10.69.3.3 (not single-stack FSDb v11), AKA software version 2022.40.4.10.

Our older M3 is still on software version 2022.36.20 (FSDb v10.69.3.1) for whatever reason. Will be interesting to see when both get FSDb v11 (single-stack highway FSDb)
I do appreciate your post. I am in the exact same position :
Car on 2022.40.2
In que for up date 2022.44.2
Waiting for FSDb. Nice to see I’m waiting in the right position for a change.

Reactions: TresLA