Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.40.4 Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on 28.2 until 11/01, then an OTA downloaded and installed 36.5 which had a few nice features. Then on 11/04, another OTA downloaded and installed 36.6. Not sure what it did, it says bug fixes. Then on 11/09, another OTA downloaded and installed 40.4, again , based on the release notes, a couple nice features. I hadn't driven is since the 40.4 was installed. I drove it today... not happy at all!

o - Doors lock at home even though the "exclude home" box is checked
o - Doors do not lock at the store (anymore), even after waiting a full minute
o - App tells me my doors are unlocked at home when I manually unlock them
o - Rear hatch will not unlatch even though the doors are unlocked. I have to either get in the car and release it via the display or open the app and release it.

So not at all happy with this update... :mad:

YES. I have same problem with my 2022 M3 (on 2022.40.4) but not my 2021 MY (on 2022.36.6). Definitely some sort of bug. I have rebooted the car several times, but M3 does not unlock unless app is open (after installing 2022.40.4). MY is working fine without the app open.

40.4 changed the way Driver Door Unlock Mode functions.
6A1A1F8C-5FB8-4207-8D2C-D0273CD1C22A.jpeg

This might be the cause?

Ok, so this afternoon 2022.40.4.1 was downloaded and installed and all my locking and trunk issues are solved.
Well, to quote Geoffrey Chaucer, “all good things must come to an end”, my M3 is no longer granting me access to the trunk while at home unlocked in my garage (yes, the command to lock everywhere but at home is set). Not sure what happened, as noted above, it ostensibly was fixed with 22.40.4.1, but that was then, now, it’s back to pre-22.40.4.1 bugs. I see 22.40.4.2 is out, perhaps that will fix my issues once and for all (yeah, I know 🤪).

On The Good Ship Venus, I have a laundry list of issues since 40.4 and the update before it. I've had connection issues since day 1. Five days to get 40..4.1 to load. Finally Tesla sent the Ranger out who set up his whizbang machine and read off a long list of errors from he WAN to Bluetooth to the charging handle button. And of course, everything is intermittent. So they have asked to have the car on the 7th.
He said that this particular run of M3LRs have "had some issues".

I have issues with the walk up door unlock being unreliable, auto high beams acting crazy, weak regen. Seem like an OTA firmware was pushed to the car the same day I got the recall notice from Tesla about the window defect. The mobile service appointment has been changed to an in-person visit, and I somehow I got an estimate > zero after Tesla breaks the car (should be under warranty.)