Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was offered earlier but not upgrading. I am on the last version that supports radar for AP and TACC. I may never upgrade. I can use AP over 85 mph which is handy on some Texas highways, even more so since at 85 mph according to the car is only about 83-84 mph true.

I can also keep my following distance of 1 which is super handy in traffic. If set for 2, it is enough people try and cut me off. Not to mention it is smoother in heavy traffic than my 3 which is solely the cursed TeslaVision. The S accelerates more smoothly and sooner than the 3 which seems to need the gap to increase too much before finally taking off and then it accelerates too hard and needs to break as a result.

Curious to see though how 2022.40.4 works out for everyone.

Just curious if the brake application during reduced regen really applies to all vehicles? My 2015 model did not get it with the update, but my wife's model Y did show the feature with the recent update. I wonder if legacy model S cars are being left behind?

Just curious if the brake application during reduced regen really applies to all vehicles? My 2015 model did not get it with the update, but my wife's model Y did show the feature with the recent update. I wonder if legacy model S cars are being left behind?
Per TMC posts, this feature's deployment seems to be somewhat decoupled from software updates. Perhaps there's a separate switch for Tesla QA to enable it. Some people report it becoming available with a delay after installing a software update and maybe having the feature disappear later?

• Informative
Reactions: Level 1
Per TMC posts, this feature's deployment seems to be somewhat decoupled from software updates. Perhaps there's a separate switch for Tesla QA to enable it. Some people report it becoming available with a delay after installing a software update and maybe having the feature disappear later?

Yes, exactly this.
It's a fantastic feature by the way, those who don't have it (yet) will be happy when it arrives.

I was offered earlier but not upgrading. I am on the last version that supports radar for AP and TACC. I may never upgrade. I can use AP over 85 mph which is handy on some Texas highways, even more so since at 85 mph according to the car is only about 83-84 mph true.

I can also keep my following distance of 1 which is super handy in traffic. If set for 2, it is enough people try and cut me off. Not to mention it is smoother in heavy traffic than my 3 which is solely the cursed TeslaVision. The S accelerates more smoothly and sooner than the 3 which seems to need the gap to increase too much before finally taking off and then it accelerates too hard and needs to break as a result.

Curious to see though how 2022.40.4 works out for everyone.
Same here except they're only offering me 2022.36.6 right now. I still have a working radar in my car and I sure won't let AP take control over high beams and windshield wipers. Not going to give that away. I only hope they won't force an update at some point. I mean what's next? HVAC control disappears because Elon knows better what the right temperature is? No thanks. This car is slowly transitioning into a Black Mirror episode.

Are these new features in 2022.40 for playing podcasts?
  1. It now remembers what you were playing and where you left off, so you can properly resume on the next drive.
  2. The skip forward/backward (circular arrow) buttons on the screen now display the new time position into the stream. So jump back then forward for a non-destructive way to read the position. (Skipping using the thumb wheel does not show this info.)
Nice!
FYI @PianoAl

Last edited:
Reactions: BierNut
Same here except they're only offering me 2022.36.6 right now. I still have a working radar in my car and I sure won't let AP take control over high beams and windshield wipers. Not going to give that away. I only hope they won't force an update at some point. I mean what's next? HVAC control disappears because Elon knows better what the right temperature is? No thanks. This car is slowly transitioning into a Black Mirror episode.
You are lucky! I wish I could switch back. Had I known they would be changing the options on my vehicle I never would have bought one. The Autowipers when cruise is engaged is BS! Miss my heated seat on the main display also. Now I have to go into the ac/heat settings first, turn the heated seat on, then turn off the ac/heat. I’m less and less impressed with Tesla. Would love to see them turn this pattern around.

Reactions: UncleCreepy
You are lucky! I wish I could switch back. Had I known they would be changing the options on my vehicle I never would have bought one. The Autowipers when cruise is engaged is BS! Miss my heated seat on the main display also. Now I have to go into the ac/heat settings first, turn the heated seat on, then turn off the ac/heat. I’m less and less impressed with Tesla. Would love to see them turn this pattern around.
FWIW - the seat heaters and heated steering wheel shortcuts can be pinned to the bottom shortcut bar on the main display. Long-pressing the temperature on the shortcut bar will turn off the climate system.

Totally agree with you on the auto wipers/high beam being forced on.