Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I received a letter from Tesla advising me of that recall. I didn't think that Tesla sent out actual letters for recalls that are addressed by over the air updates.

I think they are required by law to send letters for all recalls. OTA or not.
Yes, by the NHTSA. I received the "window pinch" letter in the mail two days ago - says it'll be fixed via software update.

So I just got an update from .36.5 -> 36.20 (which I think should get me on the 10.69.3 beta). But I guess I don't understand why I didn't just go to 40.x. to be in line for V11!

I guess I also don't know if V11 is just the family friendly naming for 69 when it goes to all FSD users or if it really a new major release for beta or something...

Last edited:
Note this is the first one I got, I never got a letter for the boombox that others mentioned they got. I never used the the boombox function however and I may have updated shortly already back then (don't recall exactly), so both of those may play a factor.
Pony Express showed up with their sleigh today and the pinched fingers recall was there.

I wonder if this was finally the "big merge" that unified the branches of cars with different hardware?
Or perhaps the final stabilization before a disruptive holiday release?
Based on what has happened with the most recent FSD branch, I'm starting to wonder if an upcoming "regular" branch will use the FSD stack for highway Autopilot on non-FSD cars. That would be the big merge of big merges - FSD and non-FSD branches unify, it's a big enough deal for non-FSD cars to call it a holiday release, and also puts in place much of what is needed for the new cars without ultrasonic sensors to operate with the vision-based substitutions.