Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume folks getting the 40.x update are NOT on FSD beta right?
From what I’ve read, yes. My car was on the .36. branch when it was announced, and installed beta. Wife’s car was on branch .40. and hasn’t gotten it. I’ve not read a single post from anyone in .40. who has beta…so from other posts it seems it will be another month (?) or so before 11 will be released and cars on .40. will be able to get into beta.

Looks like 2022.40.4.2 is getting a very wide rollout - including to those on 2022.40.4.1.

From the outside, this 2022.40.4.x branch really does look like one Tesla feels good about.
I'd love to know what the bug fixes are. I have been extremely delighted with the auto brights, which do a better job than I would on winding roads. As others have noted, still have trouble with dry/clean windshield wiping when the light is just right. I just loaded 2022.40.4.2. Will see how that goes.

I'm having trouble waking the car when not in bluetooth range. When I park in the streets, I sometimes wake the car with the app (android), turn on sentry mode, and look around a little. It's a peace of mind kind of thing. But since 2022.40.x I haven't been able to connect reliably at all this way.

I'm having trouble waking the car when not in bluetooth range. When I park in the streets, I sometimes wake the car with the app (android), turn on sentry mode, and look around a little. It's a peace of mind kind of thing. But since 2022.40.x I haven't been able to connect reliably at all this way.
With 4.5 years of experience with this sort of thing…every once in a while (sixish months perhaps), I have to delete the phone (iPhone) as key from the car and delete the Tesla app from the phone and then reinstall the app and reinstall the phone as a key to the car.

YMMV.

Looks like 2022.40.4.2 is getting a very wide rollout - including to those on 2022.40.4.1.
From the TeslaFi stats, the "pending installations" for 2022.40.4.2 is now only a couple percent away from covering the entirety of the non-FSD fleet!
Has there ever been a time like this, where Tesla had all of the cars on the same software version, rather than the artificial 50/50 split alternating between two XXXX.XX versions?

From the TeslaFi stats, the "pending installations" for 2022.40.4.2 is now only a couple percent away from covering the entirety of the non-FSD fleet!
Has there ever been a time like this, where Tesla had all of the cars on the same software version, rather than the artificial 50/50 split alternating between two XXXX.XX versions?
Getting everybody ready for the Holiday Update?

• Funny
Reactions: KArnold
I got notification about the 2022.40.4.2 update yesterday, installed it (was on 2022.36.6), and when I went to drive this morning all my settings and profile were wiped out. I was running late for work, and had to use my key card to get the car started because my phone was no longer connected (later found it was still there, just needed to reconnect). I had to text my wife to close the garage behind me because the Homelink was no longer available. Driving away from my garage, my mirrors didn't automatically unfold, I had to do that from the main menu. My custom row of icons for seat heat and defrost (both of which I needed this morning) were gone and replaced with the toybox, theater, and entertainment icons I don't care about. I had to find the manual options buried within the stupid menu system from last year's holiday update. It no longer had my work address, had to manually speak that in. The annoying (to me) navigation voice prompts were back. I turned on the satellite map overlay and live traffic. NOA was disabled; I found the option in the menu while driving to re-enable, but it has to be in Park to do so. When I finally got to work (with barely a minute to spare), I realized that it didn't auto-lock after I walked away from it (that's normal when using the key card to start). No problem I thought, I'll use the app to lock it up after I punch in and get situated. Nope, I have to enable Allow Mobile Access from the car's menu (who would ever want this disabled besides thieves, why isn't it on by default?). My saved websites will have to be re-established, along with going through every menu page and reconstructing everything I had set up previously and creating my profile.

Most infuriating was that I lost both of my trip odometers. I had those set to keep track of my lifetime and last tire change Wh/mi. There's no way to retrieve those now.

That's my full list of complaints while they're fresh in my mind. I take it I'm an exception as I'm sure others would be complaining loudly if they had the same experience. Wasn't Tesla supposed to be storing all these driver profile settings in the cloud? It seems that certainly wasn't part of this V11 update.

With 4.5 years of experience with this sort of thing…every once in a while (sixish months perhaps), I have to delete the phone (iPhone) as key from the car and delete the Tesla app from the phone and then reinstall the app and reinstall the phone as a key to the car.

YMMV.

Read this last night, and tried it. And so far today it seems to be working, the car is being waken by the app. So thanks for the tip.

Reactions: navguy12
I got notification about the 2022.40.4.2 update yesterday, installed it (was on 2022.36.6), and when I went to drive this morning all my settings and profile were wiped out. I was running late for work, and had to use my key card to get the car started because my phone was no longer connected (later found it was still there, just needed to reconnect). I had to text my wife to close the garage behind me because the Homelink was no longer available. Driving away from my garage, my mirrors didn't automatically unfold, I had to do that from the main menu. My custom row of icons for seat heat and defrost (both of which I needed this morning) were gone and replaced with the toybox, theater, and entertainment icons I don't care about. I had to find the manual options buried within the stupid menu system from last year's holiday update. It no longer had my work address, had to manually speak that in. The annoying (to me) navigation voice prompts were back. I turned on the satellite map overlay and live traffic. NOA was disabled; I found the option in the menu while driving to re-enable, but it has to be in Park to do so. When I finally got to work (with barely a minute to spare), I realized that it didn't auto-lock after I walked away from it (that's normal when using the key card to start). No problem I thought, I'll use the app to lock it up after I punch in and get situated. Nope, I have to enable Allow Mobile Access from the car's menu (who would ever want this disabled besides thieves, why isn't it on by default?). My saved websites will have to be re-established, along with going through every menu page and reconstructing everything I had set up previously and creating my profile.

Most infuriating was that I lost both of my trip odometers. I had those set to keep track of my lifetime and last tire change Wh/mi. There's no way to retrieve those now.

That's my full list of complaints while they're fresh in my mind. I take it I'm an exception as I'm sure others would be complaining loudly if they had the same experience. Wasn't Tesla supposed to be storing all these driver profile settings in the cloud? It seems that certainly wasn't part of this V11 update.
Yeah, this does rarely happen. Everything however you can set again, except for that lifetime odometer. Tesla really should just put that as an option.

Note for cloud profiles, you have to set it up, it is not automatic:

I doubt it will store a lifetime odometer though (given it is intended to work across vehicles).

Reactions: Transformer
2022.4.2 installed today. This update is an act of irresponsibility. Had to reset most of the settings in numerous menus. It reset trip odometers and now I have no Homelink function. From what I can see there is no way to re-establish Homelink. When I set it up 3 years ago there was a Homelink icon at the top of the screen which is no longer there. Any help here is appreciated.
Not sure yet if I’ve lost any other functions. Happy Holidays from Tesla!

Wasn't Tesla supposed to be storing all these driver profile settings in the cloud?
Assuming you created a cloud profile, perhaps you have to re-select it after the wipeout?

Unhappy bug but at least your post warns us to delay installing any update until we have time to reboot afterwards and check settings (and hours for a slow installation).

And this is another reason to carry a clicker instead of or in addition to Homelink.