Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.44.2 and Sentry Mode Clip length

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since this seems to be the dominant 2022.44.x thread...

Heads-up, that 2022.44.2 may take longer to install than the 25 minutes specified.
On our Model Y, it was 42 minutes, and this was coming from a very recent 2022.40.4.2 install.
So make sure you have plenty of time before installing.

The car also turned on the exterior lights about 27 minutes in, and kept them on for a few minutes. Headlights and all of the red tail lights except the leftmost segment. 🤷‍♂️ All of the lights worked normally and as expected after the software update completed.

(Data point of one car, YMMV, but I found both things interesting.)

Reactions: ElectricIAC
The rollout of 2022.44 looks very aggressive compared to 2022.40 versions.
For only the second time this year, Tesla pushed an update to my car over LTE (I removed my WiFi credentials from the car to prevent it from downloading updates so I wouldn't get the annoying nagging prompt whenever I get in the car). Version it wants to install is 2022.44.2 although I am not installing it until I verify that there aren't any major issues with it.

• Informative
For only the second time this year, Tesla pushed an update to my car over LTE (I removed my WiFi credentials from the car to prevent it from downloading updates so I wouldn't get the annoying nagging prompt whenever I get in the car). Version it wants to install is 2022.44.2 although I am not installing it until I verify that there aren't any major issues with it.
There's a couple of pending recalls, perhaps that is why they push it over LTE?

I use my car key with Phone.

If I close the car and turn off the bluetooth of my phone, the car should not recognize that a key is present. That's right too.

Sentry mode (eye) doesn't come up when I'm in the car, doors open. He must give an eye, and a warning?? for me it is black screen and shows nothing.