Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question about the new HVAC fan setting. Is the Low/Med/Hi only in Auto, or Manual too and the 1-10 is completely gone? Can you ‘unselect‘ the fan speed in Auto to let it decide which fan speed is best?
See photos.
1-10 still exists in manual mode.
There doesn’t appear to be an option in Auto to get rid of lo-medium-high settings. I‘m going to see if it works as a way to make the airflow less or more intense from the medium setting. Several of my ICE vehicles had a similar ”airflow intensity” setting.

Attachments

• 7A192359-5464-4B5A-953B-3C4D2B9E144D.jpeg
    7A192359-5464-4B5A-953B-3C4D2B9E144D.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 147
  • 6DEC7243-D21E-4FFA-8A0A-11BF8460EE72.jpeg
    6DEC7243-D21E-4FFA-8A0A-11BF8460EE72.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 112
Hi, I have already enabled the advanced mode for software update, but still haven’t seen the update being available… is there any other setting I need to do? Thanks.
I don't believe that the Advanced Mode setting has any effect on when you get an update. Tesla tends to roll out updates in waves. Sometime you're in the early wave, sometimes you get the leftover bytes. Other than a few A-listers, it's pretty much luck of the draw.

Reactions: paganini
There's no Ryzen platform with a discrete GPU - Tesla started using RDNA2 based APUs in 2021, which is just fancy branding for a CPU with (fairly powerful in the case of RDNA2 architecture) integrated graphics.

The primary difference between 3/Y and S/X Ryzen vehicles is the amount of RAM - 8GB in 3/Y, 16GB in S/X. Steam could theoretically come to Ryzen 3/Y models, but performance would be significantly worse than in the S/X because APUs use a single pool of RAM - there's no dedicated video memory. They likely elected not to roll this out to 3/Y for this reason.
This is hopeful for 3/Y owners who want Steam on their car; but do you have a source for the 3/Y’s only difference is RAM size? (Eg: the S/X don’t have a dGPU, and has the exact same APU as the 3/Y?)

If this is the case, can the MCU3 easily accept RAM upgrade? 8GB RAM is so cheap in the grander scheme of things.

See photos.
There doesn’t appear to be an option in Auto to get rid of lo-medium-high settings. I‘m going to see if it works as a way to make the airflow less or more intense from the medium setting. Several of my ICE vehicles had a similar ”airflow intensity” setting.
The fan speed up/down buttons are back in your photo! That's much more useable. So nice.

I don't believe that the Advanced Mode setting has any effect on when you get an update. Tesla tends to roll out updates in waves. Sometime you're in the early wave, sometimes you get the leftover bytes. Other than a few A-listers, it's pretty much luck of the draw.
Yep. Still awaiting in Hawaii. Only got 2022.44.2 a few days ago. Was hoping I’d have Apple Music after work, but nope. 😭

Model Y/3 AMD are expected to get Steam later. Right now only X/S.
Not all M3's... my 2019 has the Intel Atom... what on Earth made them use such a horrible CPU? My watch has more power. And since the refurb of the M3, the main board is BIGGER in the newer M3's so... no hope of upgrade to Ryzen.

Tesla's get consolidated body castings but the main board is made such that the size changes and cannot be upgraded? 😐

Holy *sugar* Tesla somehow made the Apple Music app bad too.

It doesn't buffer the next song so there's an awkward delay between songs. And then when pulling away from my garage and going from WiFi to Cellular the current song stops playing. The only way to get the music playing again is by skipping to the next song.
Mine did not stop when going from WiFi to cellular
Mine went from one song to the next without delay
Maybe you need to reboot your car?

Reactions: Transformer
This is hopeful for 3/Y owners who want Steam on their car; but do you have a source for the 3/Y’s only difference is RAM size? (Eg: the S/X don’t have a dGPU, and has the exact same APU as the 3/Y?)

If this is the case, can the MCU3 easily accept RAM upgrade? 8GB RAM is so cheap in the grander scheme of things.
So I did some more digging yesterday and it turns out I am actually wrong - surprisingly enough, Tesla is using a Zen1+ APU paired with a Navi 23-based dGPU in some MCU revisions: Tesla Car Computer features Zen+ Ryzen Embedded APU and discrete Navi 23 GPU - VideoCardz.com

I can't find anything clear on whether this is specific to the S/X or not, so I guess the verdict is out on whether it's solely a RAM capacity difference, or an APU/dGPU difference with 3/Y hardware.

Reactions: HTTP401
Can someone with the update who also listen to podcasts and often tap +10 seconds/scrub forward through advertisements explain how this is easily achieved with the new mini-player?

Will you need to swipe to the tire/trip card to force move the media bar to the map side?

Plenty of advantages. Better consistency of artwork showing up, better audio quality since BT is rubbish, not to mention no more audio glitches of which there are plenty over BT.
Odd... I stream Audiobooks and music from my cellular phone via Bluetooth all day. No hops, skips or jumps. Quality is fine. And my new hearing aids connect to my M3LR via Bluetooth automatically. Now THAT's Cool!
I actiually prefer hearing the sound system via the speakers, but when driving the family and they want to talk (and talk and talk...) I listen directly thru the aids.
Ain't technology great?

Odd... I stream Audiobooks and music from my cellular phone via Bluetooth all day. No hops, skips or jumps. Quality is fine. And my new hearing aids connect to my M3LR via Bluetooth automatically. Now THAT's Cool!
I actiually prefer hearing the sound system via the speakers, but when driving the family and they want to talk (and talk and talk...) I listen directly thru the aids.
Ain't technology great?

Technology is great! That said, I have streamed from my iPhones (I upgrade every year) to my 2019 Model 3 Performance, 2021 Model S Plaid and now 2022 Model S Plaid. I still get occasional audio glitches, artwork not showing etc at times. I can't wait to use the native app, whenever Tesla deems me worthy of the holiday update.

Reactions: KRG21
See photos.
Thanks for the photos!
When climate is closed, and you tap on the temperature, did that small pop-up interface change at all?