Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So first off, I'm new to owning my tesla and LOVE it!!! I took delivery of my 2023 M3 RWD Midnite silver metallic last Wed was on 2022.40.100 have checked tonight it still says its up-to-date is this normal? i have it set to advanced to get the update sooner (in theory) just curious how long the roll out takes?
Normal. It can take anywhere from several days to many weeks to get the first update. 2022.40.100 is a delivery software (as in, nobody was updated to that post-delivery).

Patience, grasshopper! Your time will come. Welcome to Tesla ownership!

Normal. It can take anywhere from several days to many weeks to get the first update. 2022.40.100 is a delivery software (as in, nobody was updated to that post-delivery).

Patience, grasshopper! Your time will come. Welcome to Tesla ownership!
oh, I can be patient lol just curious as seemed to be a different Firmware than what most peeps had. I figured as it's a 2023 it may be on some sort of delay. but had no clue.

It’s a weird game they play
MY thought being I work in IT; is it could be they want to get extra diags back early on to see if they see any Stange issues with recent deliveries and want a stable version that is all the same across models and if they see an anomaly then they can patch recent delivery cars only I suppose. then again, I could be over thinking it 🤣 that happens from time to time.

MY thought being I work in IT; is it could be they want to get extra diags back early on to see if they see any Stange issues with recent deliveries and want a stable version that is all the same across models and if they see an anomaly then they can patch recent delivery cars only I suppose. then again, I could be over thinking it 🤣 that happens from time to time.
Wouldn’t you want diags from the latest firmware then with the most current data?

They never update all the cars at once, here is some of the community speculation about why:
To prevent bricking the whole fleet with a single bad update.
Not all cars ever get every individual update, because not all updates are relevant for every hardware confg.
New cars seem to stay on specific builds for a while to 'break them in'. Possibly extra diagnostics or something???
It's Tesla, so who really knows?

Reactions: jjrandorin
They never update all the cars at once, here is some of the community speculation about why:
To prevent bricking the whole fleet with a single bad update.
Not all cars ever get every individual update, because not all updates are relevant for every hardware confg.
New cars seem to stay on specific builds for a while to 'break them in'. Possibly extra diagnostics or something???
It's Tesla, so who really knows?
Manage their network bandwidth?

Reactions: DrGriz
Just updated my car and so far I really like new changes.
Track mode is great (I was hoping to get it for a while)
New cards with music player and trip info are convenient
It looks like favorites/recent play list is working better with Spotify mixes
I appreciate slightly larger map font
Dog mode internal view camera is a welcome addition
Looking forward to test auto blinker off feature.

Reactions: cwhite51 and BitJam
Quoting a message I wrote sometime back; this is why I think most new cars ship with the three digit special firmware:
Another purpose of the three digit new car factory software builds is that there may often be running changes, to deal with new suppliers, substituted microcontrollers as Elon explained last year, or whatever reason that makes the specific configuration different from any prior delivered vehicles.

Tesla needs a way to accommodate these new configurations so they can ship the cars even though existing released fleet-software builds don't have the modules for newly changed configuration in their config lookup tables.

Holiday update is being rolled out very slowly according to TeslaFI firmware tracker. See on the Fleet history that 2022.42.2 that it went to 8000 installs in ~2 days. 44.25.1 and 44.25.2 has only ~3k installs in 3 days. So the 42.2 ramp rate was very high.

I recall that Holiday update in 2021 was rolled out rather quickly the day it was released. I wonder if they are being much more careful with this release for some reason.. Obviously there was fixes between 44.25.1 and 44.25.2. Not sure exactly what would be different between 25.2 unless its minor fixes for certain cars.

Got the update pushed earlier, .25.1

So far so good. Glad to see the cards are back and I can have my various trips / lifetime stats. FINALLY have Apple Music and the implementation IMO is great. Wish it had gap-less playback but anyway. Sounds great too. On par with Bluetooth, better than Spotify.

I have ONE gripe: I really wish we still had the option for the music “bottom bar” on the map side. I get why we don’t but my passengers did like it and having to toggle on/off mine so they can change songs is a bit annoying, especially since you lose the map during that time. Not end of the world, I still think this version is superior to previous ones, but it’s gonna be a “need to get used to”.

Reactions: evannole
So first off, I'm new to owning my tesla and LOVE it!!! I took delivery of my 2023 M3 RWD Midnite silver metallic last Wed was on 2022.40.100 have checked tonight it still says its up-to-date is this normal? i have it set to advanced to get the update sooner (in theory) just curious how long the roll out takes?
Start a ticket, Service can bump you off factory firmware and go on the latest mainstream version.