Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the update yesterday, and I have to say I'm very pleased (I hated last years update):
  • Nav is easier to read
  • The auto blinkers are great, 3 seconds was always too short for me. For some reason it took a few tries to get the option to stick (?)
  • Apple Music is a welcome addition.
  • Loving that the cards are back, and don't mind that the music player is there. Not crazy about the light gray type on the trip card, but it's better than nothing.
  • Garage door changes: They finally fixed what they broke a year ago. I have a house that is immediately after a gate, and after the update last year, it would only give me a button about 30% of the time for the garage, so it took 3 clicks to get to open it. Now that everything is back on top, it's working again as it did before last years debacle.
  • MyQ: This is better than I was expecting. I have 3 garage doors (2 are myQ) and two gates, so now I can operate everything through the car. I doubt I'll pay for this, but it is nice having controls for everything and the integration is great.

I just got the update but it is 2022.44.30
Haven't noticed much difference.
turn indicator stalk still has 3 flash or full turn signal

fan speed all looks the same, nothing new

apple music option which I didn't mess with yet

nav has larger turn by turn, and a little turn by turn window above the car icon (left side of screen) if you have music covering the map.
can't remember if it had this before.

I read the font size was larger, but doesn't seem to be the case. :(

Overall nothing of note, took about 20min to update.

I just got the update but it is 2022.44.30
Haven't noticed much difference.
turn indicator stalk still has 3 flash or full turn signal

fan speed all looks the same, nothing new
Auto turn signal has to be turned on manually first. And the fan speed should allow for low med & high when you're in auto climate mode.

Anyway, had my update yesterday so I got to try out the auto turn signal on my morning commute. It seems to work well. I treated the signal stalk as a button, used the same light bump for both turns & lane changes. People were guessing that it's a prelude to Tesla removing the signal stalk in favor of a button. I think so too.

The UI changes were welcome, tire & trip cards being back, and the music control being closer. Both are improvements.

Auto turn signal has to be turned on manually first. And the fan speed should allow for low med & high when you're in auto climate mode.

Anyway, had my update yesterday so I got to try out the auto turn signal on my morning commute. It seems to work well. I treated the signal stalk as a button, used the same light bump for both turns & lane changes. People were guessing that it's a prelude to Tesla removing the signal stalk in favor of a button. I think so too.

The UI changes were welcome, tire & trip cards being back, and the music control being closer. Both are improvements.
Everything bar fhe music controls I'm happy with why oh why couldn't theu have given you the choice to have them where they used to be or in the new card I don't need music controls closer the steering wheel music controls do all the same functions and I don't have to take my hands of the wheel.

Personally hate that you can't uave 1/3 music and top as maps anymore stupid stupid stupid.
1671202777680.png

All,
We have a 21 MYLR and downloaded the update 2022.44.25.3. I have a three questions. Just completed my free trial offer for Spotify. How Does Spotify compare to Apple Music? I have an iPhone. Can not find the fart icon on my phone. Looked in the Tesla app, but no where to be found. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

All,
We have a 21 MYLR and downloaded the update 2022.44.25.3. I have a three questions. Just completed my free trial offer for Spotify. How Does Spotify compare to Apple Music? I have an iPhone. Can not find the fart icon on my phone. Looked in the Tesla app, but no where to be found. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
To get the fart icon, long press one of the icons directly beneath the image of the MY on the home screen. You will then see icons for various functions that you can drag over one of the existing icons to replace it.

I've just started using the Apple Music app. So far, the benefits of Apple Music for me are that I can use my existing playlists from music I've purchased and ripped from CD. I'm not sure of what content is exclusive to one service or the other. Since we already have a family Spotify account, I'm inclined to cancel Apple Music when my free trial expires and just sign up for iTunes Match for $24.95 per year to listen to my purchased/ripped music and use Spotify for everything else.

What was the third question?

---

On a separate note, I received 2022.44.25.1 yesterday, then received 2022.44.25.3 today. I never had updates on consecutive days before.

Attachments

• IMG_1203.jpg
    IMG_1203.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 102
anyone else got Steam games to work? it seems it's having trouble connecting controllers (whether via wire or bluetooth). At the launcher screen Steam shows it's connected, but once launched it shows no controller and none of the buttons work...

View attachment 885163View attachment 885164
2022.44.25.3 update and bump. PS4 controller still not recognized/working in Steam while working just fine w/ all other non-Steam games.

Nobody has reported any bugs or regressions in this release! So when it comes around, we can install it without waiting for fixes.

(Yes, there's some disagreement with the passenger's access to audio controls and room to refine the new features, but these are small tradeoffs for the UI improvements.)
Shocking. I was reading through this thread and wondering when I'd see the first report of a regression. And I still haven't seen one. Now the question is, did they improve their release process, did they just get lucky, or are there regressions that just haven't been reported.

Shocking. I was reading through this thread and wondering when I'd see the first report of a regression. And I still haven't seen one. Now the question is, did they improve their release process, did they just get lucky, or are there regressions that just haven't been reported.
IMO they improved the release process. They do respond to customer feedback which is how sentry mode and dog mode got added in the first place. You can also see it in the earlier release and starting out with a limited release and doing fixes before the wide release. They put out a lot of little fires last year after the botched Christmas release. I feel confident they don't want to go through that again. After doing software releases for more years than I care to admit, I can assure you that releases as smooth as this one absolutely do not happen by accident.

For me, a more interesting question is: what is going to happen with the removal of ultrasonic sensors? I predict they learned from the uproar over the removal of radar and they will get to USS parity much quicker than they got to radar parity. Someone recently posted a picture of their touchscreen showing a great curb visualization that I presume was created by the occupancy network with vision.

The occupancy network was announced and demonstrated before the USS sensors were removed. I think they saw a clear path to vision-only with the occupancy network replacing USS functionality before they removed the sensors. They make mistakes but they respond to user feedback and they learn from their mistakes.

IMO the big open question is FSD. I really don't know how that is going to go. I'd be amazed if they got to level 4 within a year. I really hope they can get over the hump and then free up software resources to drastically improving the UI. But I'm not holding my breath.

For me, a more interesting question is: what is going to happen with the removal of ultrasonic sensors? I predict they learned from the uproar over the removal of radar and they will get to USS parity much quicker than they got to radar parity. Someone recently posted a picture of their touchscreen showing a great curb visualization that I presume was created by the occupancy network with vision.
Really? Its been almost 2 months already since the non-USS cars have been introduced. Apparently they planned the removal for quite some time before that, probably beginning of 2022? And still no solution in sight. What makes you so optimistic? There still haven't been any news by Tesla regarding that topic.
The occupancy network was announced and demonstrated before the USS sensors were removed. I think they saw a clear path to vision-only with the occupancy network replacing USS functionality before they removed the sensors. They make mistakes but they respond to user feedback and they learn from their mistakes.
Sorry, this must be a joke. They learned from their mistakes? Where? They planned the removal and didn't even think about informing people about this issue. They put their money greed above the costumers interests. They were scared that people might cancel their order so they didn't wanna share the news. But what DID they do? Well, they were nice enough to implement a button to force you to agree to the removal just before delivery so that you wouldnt have any time to look for another car. If you don't agree, no car!!! Well, isn't that fantastic??? They put you at a pinch and use it to force you to take the car anyway.
This whole thing could have been handled better if they were just open and upfront about it. But since they still don't know when and if the features that were removed are coming back they kept it a secret. Imho thats scandalous behaviour.
Not to mention the people that weren't informed at all thanks to Teslas super software! They've got surprised at the pickup...

Last edited:
Reactions: SalisburySam
Nobody has reported any bugs or regressions in this release! So when it comes around, we can install it without waiting for fixes.

We didn't get 2022.44.25.1, only got 2022.44.25.2 on Monday, but then 2022.44.25.3 downloaded today.
So they were cautious with the rollout at first, but it looks like 2022.44.25.3 is the "good for everyone" push.

IMO, their software process really seems improved over the past few months. Quick to update the whole fleet when things are good, but still cautious when they need to be. 👍

This is a much smaller release than last year. Just incremental tweaks to the existing UI, not a top to bottom, almost ground up overhaul like it was last year.

The only thing I'm waiting to hear about: for people who had TACC/AP working really well before, does this make it worse? (ie, if you had zero phantom braking, did it come back?). Really happy with TACC/AP, for the first time in 14 months, not going to risk it getting worse.

I like the new positioning of home link at the top of the screen. Does anyone else find this window way to small?

Also, curious what advantage MyQ has over Homelink. Does it have discrete functions so if your garage door is already open upon arrival it won't close it?

Why it this point in the development we are still unable to size windows and fonts and customize the location of these windows is beyond me? I find things move around too much especially if you are trying to interface with the center screen while driving.

Also, curious what advantage MyQ has over Homelink.
I believe that working from a longer distance (basically anywhere?), and ability to know the up/down status of the door, are the primary selling points.
But I think I also read that one subscription works across multiple cars - so if you are a household with two or more non-HomeLink Teslas, the MyQ subscription may be cheaper than adding HomeLink to both.

• Informative
Reactions: SDRick
IMO they improved the release process. They do respond to customer feedback which is how sentry mode and dog mode got added in the first place. You can also see it in the earlier release and starting out with a limited release and doing fixes before the wide release. They put out a lot of little fires last year after the botched Christmas release. I feel confident they don't want to go through that again. After doing software releases for more years than I care to admit, I can assure you that releases as smooth as this one absolutely do not happen by accident.

We didn't get 2022.44.25.1, only got 2022.44.25.2 on Monday, but then 2022.44.25.3 downloaded today.
So they were cautious with the rollout at first, but it looks like 2022.44.25.3 is the "good for everyone" push.

IMO, their software process really seems improved over the past few months. Quick to update the whole fleet when things are good, but still cautious when they need to be. 👍

This is a much smaller release than last year. Just incremental tweaks to the existing UI, not a top to bottom, almost ground up overhaul like it was last year.
We'll see if this applies to every release or just this one. I was monitoring issues with 2022.44.2 (which was the release my car wanted to install before 2022.44.25.3) and it seemed to be having the usual number of issues. So I basically decided that 2022.44.2 was a release I wouldn't ever be installing.

Interesting question is whether people who were having issues with 2022.44.2 had the issues fixed in 2022.44.25.3? Otherwise, 2022.44.25.3 may not technically have any new regressions if you're coming from 2022.44.2 but if coming from an earlier release, it might.

Last edited:
Reactions: Transformer
I had 2022.44.25.1 and then got offered 2022.44.25.3 this morning so I am installing... on the .1 revision I had that horrible "banging" of the rear windows closing tight before driving in colder weather, which has happened in past software updates. Hopefully they fix that amongst whatever else on .3.