Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022.44.30.5 downloading now.

1671852792780.png

Last edited:
This could be the big one (or maybe not). 2022.44.30.5 downloading now and it's not showing on TeslaFi or Teslascope yet.
Will it be FSD beta single stack? Time will tell.
View attachment 888501
Most likely FSDb. Teslafi shows it as a pending installation. No release notes or FSD indicated there. But, Tesla likes to skip ahead to a .5 or .10 release for FSDb versions.

Good luck!

Reactions: n.one.one
Got my availability notice today of 2022.44.30.5. I'm always cautious of the new updates and check here before proceeding. Now I'm a little confused about what I'm actually going to install.
TeslaFi refers to FSD Beta 10.69.25.1 (2022.44.30.5) Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates for details and it shows that there is "Full Self-Driving (Beta) Suspension" included.

I've got FSD on my MY, but have not signed up for the beta program. Tesla seems to indicate that the FSDbeta software has been rolled into the 44.30.5 update.

So my questions are - will this update install the FSDbeta? If I activate it, will this impact the highway driving that I usually use FSD for? Can I deactivate the FSDbeta and go back to my old normal FSD if I don't like it?
And what about this suspension thing? After 5 strikes you're locked out of FSD?! For how long? Permanently? Tesla-Info.com does not mention anything about this suspension item.

Thanks for any light being shed on this

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
So my questions are - will this update install the FSDbeta? If I activate it, will this impact the highway driving that I usually use FSD for? Can I deactivate the FSDbeta and go back to my old normal FSD if I don't like it?
And what about this suspension thing? After 5 strikes you're locked out of FSD?! For how long? Permanently? Tesla-Info.com does not mention anything about this suspension item.
Ohh I was wondering about that myself. I also have a Y with FSD but I did not request FSD Beta. I'm now worried about the suspension thing for highway driving. Before I had no limit how many times I got sent to jail but now... Can the FSD beta be turned off to go back to the previous highway FSD if you get suspended?

I too, am being offered this. And I too did not ask to get FSD beta via the button. I used to be in the beta last year, but opted back out. I don’t want all the nags from the cabin camera that were just impossible to deal with. Can I install this and simply turn off full self driving, and cover the camera when I don’t want the nags? Does anyone know? I would love to be able to switch back-and-forth!

Downloaded 2022.44.30.5 today. I subscribed to a month of FSD a few days ago, and had hit the "Request FSD Beta" button.

Most interesting bit is that my car only uploads a few megabytes when I return home from drives, but following this update it uploaded 1.2GB on a drive where I didn't use FSD.
The visualization is also much more detailed, even when I'm not using FSD (eg, shows car brake lights)

And what about this suspension thing? After 5 strikes you're locked out of FSD?! For how long? Permanently?
You're getting FSD Beta as part of regular production vehicle software release.

10-69-25-1-no-more-early-access-jpg.890830

"Full Self-Driving (Beta)" is a toggle like Autosteer and Navigate on Autopilot, so it's your choice to turn it on or not for each driving profile. Currently highway driving is not handled by FSD Beta, but that is likely to change soon in an upcoming release. Suspensions are still around for not paying attention, but newly introduced is the temporary "unavailable for approximately two weeks."

FSDb is only for "around town" driving, not highway driving? I thought I had read somewhere about a "single stack" meaning both "around town" and highway FSD had merged, updating the highway section with all the neural net learnings gained from the "around town" FSDb.

Either way, thanks for clearing up both the toggle and the suspension questions. As long as I can turn it off and on at will, I'm fine with it. As for the suspensions, 2 weeks seems like a reasonable time for 5 Auto disengagements ( if I get one, I'm always surprised!)

And Happy New Year!

I thought I read on here that disengagements when it’s off still count? Not a big deal for me either way, but I’m curious.

Most important for me: when it is off, can the cabin camera be covered? Can anyone confirm?

FSDb is only for "around town" driving, not highway driving? I thought I had read somewhere about a "single stack" meaning both "around town" and highway FSD had merged, updating the highway section with all the neural net learnings gained from the "around town" FSDb.

Either way, thanks for clearing up both the toggle and the suspension questions. As long as I can turn it off and on at will, I'm fine with it. As for the suspensions, 2 weeks seems like a reasonable time for 5 Auto disengagements ( if I get one, I'm always surprised!)

And Happy New Year!
Single-stack FSD is version 11.x. This software has rolled out to employee cars only at this time. The latest FSDb version that has gone to the public is version 10.69.25.1, which is not single-stack.

Reactions: n.one.one