Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.8.10.1 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I lost XM! And after they came out and ran tests they said nothing can be done! :(
Interesting. :( Did you check to see if SiriusXM is "hidden"? I noticed that there is an option in the interface to "hide" apps that you don't use/don't plan to use. The SC should have known about that though. The only other thing I can think of is that with the MCU upgrade, you have to pay extra for FM/SiriusXM capability.

I have a 14 S60 (Basic) and have NOT gotten this update. Is anyone on a similar setup been able to confirm they got this update? I would like to get this update, but I am satisfied with the MCU1 for now, but I feel like since I do not have autopilot or any of those features, I will just be pushed to the side from Tesla. Probably not many of us out there.

I've had this happen a few times, pre- and post- this update. If I get out of the car and close the door, then get back in, that usually brings it back. Otherwise, an MCU reboot fixes it.
Ick. Sounds like this update still hasn't fixed all the major regressions from the previous update. *bangs head against wall*

XM is a major piece of functionality, and for Tesla to break that for half a year, then release an update that still doesn't fix it is unconscionable.

Reactions: ChrisJ and Shelby16
Hey, looks like I can schedule charging from the app now! It also allows me to choose the charging amps, but seems like it is limited to 30A. Normally i charge at 40A at 2am, I wonder if it self-limited due to the TX grid issues. I'll have to see what it says in the car.

Looks like there is a Remote Start now too in controls.. not sure what that gets me, but ok.

I have yet, for any version, to be able to load the release notes - let's see if this version is different.

I have a 14 S60 (Basic) and have NOT gotten this update. Is anyone on a similar setup been able to confirm they got this update? I would like to get this update, but I am satisfied with the MCU1 for now, but I feel like since I do not have autopilot or any of those features, I will just be pushed to the side from Tesla. Probably not many of us out there.

I just got the push to update my 2013 S60 (Beyond Basic lol), no AP, no eMMc update, MCU1. I am running 2021.24.28 right now so we'll see how it goes. :eek:

I read this whole thread as my 2013 S60 with MCU1 and upgraded emmc received a notification of update on and I'm still on non-functional 3G. Yeah if I need net access I use my phone as a hotspot. Most times I don't need it but maybe I'll pony up $200 for the LTE board. But yeah I'm hesitant because my current 2021.24.28.2 works fine and appears stable. I still have XM radio (solid roof) and my FM/AM function. I would like the charge stats and ability to change charge rate. Hmm, oh and if I need a browser I use my phone.

I just installed it on my 2013 S85 - no AP, eMMc update, LTE upgrade, MCU1. We'll see what it looks & drives like tomorrow. Updated features in the app looked promising...
just installed on 2012 MCU1.. love the charge stats and amperage controls from the app. I have had these on my new Teslas.. didn't expect them on the old car too

Also just installed and love the few minor changes in the app, etc. already. With free supercharging. My stats look amazing 🤩

Reactions: CliffG
Nav update is still downloading.... looks about 3/4 finished, only getting about 376kb/s download speed although the signal appears good and the v11 update downloaded and completed in less than an hour. Is this normal for the nav update? Will it eventually time out and start over?

Nav update is still downloading.... looks about 3/4 finished, only getting about 376kb/s download speed although the signal appears good and the v11 update downloaded and completed in less than an hour. Is this normal for the nav update? Will it eventually time out and start over?
Mine was similarly slow (on WiFi, in my driveway). I left it alone over night and it was done by morning.

Reactions: ayavner