Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.8.10.1 on MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nav update is still downloading.... looks about 3/4 finished, only getting about 376kb/s download speed although the signal appears good and the v11 update downloaded and completed in less than an hour. Is this normal for the nav update? Will it eventually time out and start over?
After the recent v11 update, our nav/maps update took FOREVER and I've got a pretty robust (to say the least) home network setup so I know that wasn't the bottleneck. I think that Tesla assigns a very low priority to these map updates so the server side has very limited resources to serve up the file(s). I wouldn't worry too much about it though as any other car manufacture is running nav data that is likely a decade old so even your current data is lightyears ahead of the competition. HTH

Thanks @Ostrichsak, good to know. Not overly concerned as long as that's the normal experience. Do you know whether it will pause and resume upon my return if I drive somewhere before it finishes? I doubt it would continue over cellular.

You are right, my Volvo XC60 maps were 2011 I think before I sold it last year.

Thanks @Ostrichsak, good to know. Not overly concerned as long as that's the normal experience. Do you know whether it will pause and resume upon my return if I drive somewhere before it finishes? I doubt it would continue over cellular.

You are right, my Volvo XC60 maps were 2011 I think before I sold it last year.
You'll be fine. It took one of our cars like a week of leaving every day and coming back. Not sure why it wouldn't just fully download overnight each of those days but it finally figured things out. I just noticed that that little download arrow was on the home screen and didn't really pay much attention to it other than seeing that. Then I noticed it was gone.

Nav update is still downloading.... looks about 3/4 finished, only getting about 376kb/s download speed although the signal appears good and the v11 update downloaded and completed in less than an hour. Is this normal for the nav update? Will it eventually time out and start over?

Mine was the same way. I suspect the WiFi card is crappy being from 2014 in my case.

Just received mine yesterday, liking it so far. I was about to upgrade to MCU2, now I am having a second thought. What extra features I will get with the MCU2, beside YouTube and Netflix??
IMO this update shouldn't change your mind one way or the other to upgrade. I really like this update, possibly something I've never said in all of my years and all of my updates, actually. I will likely be MU1 fo eva as well. I think that the reasons to upgrade your MCU2 should be responsiveness & added apps/features.

I'm sure I'm missing something in terms of reasons but the point is that this update, while better than the previous v10 we were running... doesn't really affect any of these issues at all. If your system is snappier it's likely due to the cache flushing that occurs during the firmware reload process. This will likely be short-lived and you will likely be back where you were in terms of responsiveness in relatively short order.

I hope they optimized v11 so that it runs like this but I'm guessing not. I'm also fearful that, much like every version before it, these major firmware revisions just get more and more bloated and cripple the hardware even more. I sure hope Tesla proves me wrong on this as I'd LOVE for our older hardware to run more smoothly but I have a feeling they're going to stay true-to-course on that aspect.

I digress.

I guess my point is that you either want the upgrade or not but I don't see this firmware update having any real impact on that decision from a user experience standpoint.

• Helpful
Reactions: kavyboy and ayavner
Just installed v11 on my MCU1/AP1 car. It appears I can put heated steering wheel on the app bar at the bottom, but not seated seats. Am I missing something?

Also, not sure I like the new layout for the radio/streaming. Now it's two lines and all jumbled up, rather than having a line of radio "buttons" all in a row.

I'm torn as to what to put on the app bar. Would anyone mind sharing their setup?

New nav map just started downloading at 290Kbps.

Just installed v11 on my MCU1/AP1 car. It appears I can put heated steering wheel on the app bar at the bottom, but not seated seats. Am I missing something?

Also, not sure I like the new layout for the radio/streaming. Now it's two lines and all jumbled up, rather than having a line of radio "buttons" all in a row.

I'm torn as to what to put on the app bar. Would anyone mind sharing their setup?

New nav map just started downloading at 290Kbps.
Yes, you are missing something. The heated seats go outside of the app bar, for lack of a better term. Drop your heated seat next to the temperature and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Our app bars are heated wheel, Bluetooth, whatever the orange music streaming app is and then camera. Those are the apps I most frequently find myself having to activate.

2017 MX 75d. Hw2.0.

Downloaded last night. New interface is DEF taking getting used to but will be fun, kinda like a new car.

BIG problem!!! Seems like with all the COLD weather upgrades they forgot the HOT weather...

The AC on my drive home now is barely working. Set it to lowest temp setting and still very low airflow. The air is ice cold. I definitely hear a muffled sound vs before when it was really cranking. It's very hot out but not worse than last few days. Again it Def sounds less powerful. Played around with settings but nothing. Even manually highest fan seems to be much slower.

Can anyone else PLEASE check.

Got the V11 update a few days ago on my MCU1 Updated emmc (early 13 MS 85P). UI looks "interesting". Only issues I have seen so far is that I lost 1 channel(60's rock) on Slacker. Just "Spins the Wheel" but won't load. Other channels seem fine. NAV update is taking forever... 56K/sec speed forever. even moved my router to improve the signal... To no avail... I don't use the browser, so I have no reference better/worse. I do like the Charge Stats in the App alot.
My $.02 so far

Update: Slacker channel has "magically" started playing again? Don't know why, but great!... Nav update still just looks frozen at 56K speed...

Last edited:
2017 MX 75d. Hw2.0.

Downloaded last night. New interface is DEF taking getting used to but will be fun, kinda like a new car.

BIG problem!!! Seems like with all the COLD weather upgrades they forgot the HOT weather...

The AC on my drive home now is barely working. Set it to lowest temp setting and still very low airflow. The air is ice cold. I definitely hear a muffled sound vs before when it was really cranking. It's very hot out but not worse than last few days. Again it Def sounds less powerful. Played around with settings but nothing. Even manually highest fan seems to be much slower.

Can anyone else PLEASE check.
Make sure you enable "auto" or it will have the fan/blower at the lowest setting even though the temp is right. I think on ours it disabled this as well but I thought that maybe I did it when I was messing with things. If you have that enabled, not sure how to help other than maybe a reboot because I haven't experienced an overall lessening of the fan speed once I enabled auto again.

Got the V11 update a few days ago on my MCU1 Updated emmc (early 13 MS 85P). UI looks "interesting". Only issues I have seen so far is that I lost 1 channel(60's rock) on Slacker. Just "Spins the Wheel" but won't load. Other channels seem fine. NAV update is taking forever... 56K/sec speed forever. even moved my router to improve the signal... To no avail... I don't use the browser, so I have no reference better/worse. I do like the Charge Stats in the App alot.
My $.02 so far

Update: Slacker channel has "magically" started playing again? Don't know why, but great!... Nav update still just looks frozen at 56K speed...

Yeah my nav going at 26.3 for a bit.
I'm not a computer guy but is 56k like the old dial modems???

Make sure you enable "auto" or it will have the fan/blower at the lowest setting even though the temp is right. I think on ours it disabled this as well but I thought that maybe I did it when I was messing with things. If you have that enabled, not sure how to help other than maybe a reboot because I haven't experienced an overall lessening of the fan speed once I enabled auto again.
Thanks. But I tried every setting. It was on auto then I switched to manual, didn't matter. It's WAY off.

On low setting for a long time I've gotten my car down to 48 degrees sitting... Had refrigerated items on hot day inside. So something Def off.

Tried scroll wheel reboot for main screen. Will try the button reboot for IC, and then the final one where you sit inside for like 5 mins without moving or touching anything but forgot how to.

Used the updated software for a full day - my car 2012 S, 85, 311k miles, new battery (lucky to get the 350v one) put in at 250k. MCU1 with privately updated EMMC and also LTE

This is V11 with all it’s nuances - I have other Teslas, so I am now used tI this interface. I remember back when v11 rolled out, it took a while to get used to the changes. Many changes are done for the sake of change itself, which is frustrating. At this point, now there is a unified UI across all my cars.

Surprisingly, v11 works fine on MCU1 without worsened lag.
Maps - the superchargers no longer default as visible, you have to click on the charging icon to see them.
Waypoints is not a feature with MCU1
Maps and Nav work just fine for me. Zero lag
They kept the top bar with lock and charging status, homelink, and profile unchanged. When on a call, the dialogue box comes up in the upper right corner but can be closed out.

The bottom bar is the v11 version with the AC moved to the left and various icons that can be programmed. You can add the seat heaters and defrost icons. I preferred the AC controls in v10 for the simplicity
Media is separated into a radio icon, Bluetooth icon, etc. clicking on any of them bring a familiar (but different) screen.
Browser works much better but still not good enough for me. (Finally able to load pages from 2012-13, but not for 2022 webpages)
New features - Fart mode, lots of arcade games (All seem from the Atari 2600 era in contrast to those on mcu2).
Tidal is available
App allows amp adjustment for charging as well as scheduling
App also has charge stats.
No other significant changes noted

No change in supercharging curve. The v11 supercharger screen is something I do not prefer.

And - I just received a download request for 2021.44-1355 (Navigation data). Good stuff

Last edited:
Used the updated software for a full day - my car 2012 S, 85, 311k miles, new battery (lucky to get the 350v one) put in at 250k. MCU1 with privately updated EMMC and also LTE

This is V11 with all it’s nuances - I have other Teslas, so I am now used tI this interface. I remember back when v11 rolled out, it took a while to get used to the changes. Many changes are done for the sake of change itself, which is frustrating. At this point, now there is a unified UI across all my cars.

Surprisingly, v11 works fine on MCU1 without worsened lag.
Maps - the superchargers no longer default as visible, you have to click on the charging icon to see them.
Waypoints is not a feature with MCU1
Maps and Nav work just fine for me. Zero lag
They kept the top bar with lock and charging status, homelink, and profile unchanged. When on a call, the dialogue box comes up in the upper right corner but can be closed out.

The bottom bar is the v11 version with the AC moved to the left and various icons that can be programmed. You can add the seat heaters and defrost icons. I preferred the AC controls in v10 for the simplicity
Media is separated into a radio icon, Bluetooth icon, etc. clicking on any of them bring a familiar (but different) screen.
Browser works much better but still not good enough for me. (Finally able to load pages from 2012-13, but not for 2022 webpages)
New features - Fart mode, lots of arcade games (All seem from the Atari 2600 era in contrast to those on mcu2).
Tidal is available
App allows amp adjustment for charging as well as scheduling
App also has charge stats.
No other significant changes noted

No change in supercharging curve. The v11 supercharger screen is something I do not prefer.

And - I just received a download request for 2021.44-1355 (Navigation data). Good stuff
So, is the energy trip graph available? I'm talking about the one that graphs your projected and actual SOC for the current trip.