Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022.8.10.5 changes in touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 85D. Recently installed the subject update. Before, there were two user-selectable panels on the screen. I typically had the map on top and the rear camera below. Now, there is a third entertainment panel which reduces the space available to the other two. E.g., the map is smaller. I don't want the entertainment panel up all the time, but I don't see any way to get rid of it. Have I missed something?

you have MCU1 and just installed the recent update that brought the UI close to par with the modern vehicles. spend some time with it, and you'll get used to it (I didn't say you'll like it).
You can always get MCU2 and get the snappier UI with all the entertainment stuff.. but it's the same UI

Reactions: EVChris
you have MCU1 and just installed the recent update that brought the UI close to par with the modern vehicles. spend some time with it, and you'll get used to it (I didn't say you'll like it).
You can always get MCU2 and get the snappier UI with all the entertainment stuff.. but it's the same UI
Thanks for the assurance that I didn't miss anythiing -- that it's just, for me, a worse UI.