Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on 2022.4.5.3. Today it is downloading 2022.4.5.17. How did you guys get 2022.8.2? I am still new to the software side having owned the MYLR for just 2 months now.
There is no "how to get it". It is basically a random or obscure logic at Tesla deciding who will go straight to 2022.8.2 or take a detour to 2022.4.5.17 to nag for cabin camera data. Maybe when Tesla gets enough opt-ins for cabin camera data, the people on 2022.4.5.17 will move on to 2022.8.x.

Only change I've noticed, is the lights pop-up that appears in the bottom right below the visualisation when you push the left stalk away has disappeared.

Also, yesterday, my car had a complete meltdown, error messages left right and centre. Spoke to Tesla, they asked me to change the wheel configuration via the screen which effectively reboots the car. Changed the wheel size back, and all appears OK now.

There is no "how to get it". It is basically a random or obscure logic at Tesla deciding who will go straight to 2022.8.2 or take a detour to 2022.4.5.17 to nag for cabin camera data. Maybe when Tesla gets enough opt-ins for cabin camera data, the people on 2022.4.5.17 will move on to 2022.8.x.
I have a friend whose SR+ on the 2022.4.5 Atom CPU and mine got updated last week to 2022.8.2 Ryzen CPU.

That's maybe why the different versions.

installed last night on my 2021 m3 (Feb build) Long Range and now my trunk is behaving oddly and won't open all the way. I've gone through a reset (scroll wheel) and tried to set the height with the button to full open and no luck - the trunk just barely opens. Opening all the way manually and hitting the close button works fine though. I created a service appt for mobile service tomorrow to check it out but it seems to have started with 2022.8.2

installed last night on my 2021 m3 (Feb build) Long Range and now my trunk is behaving oddly and won't open all the way. I've gone through a reset (scroll wheel) and tried to set the height with the button to full open and no luck - the trunk just barely opens. Opening all the way manually and hitting the close button works fine though. I created a service appt for mobile service tomorrow to check it out but it seems to have started with 2022.8.2

The Owner's Manual instructions for "Adjusting Opening Height of Powered Trunk" might help.
Please do report back.

The Owner's Manual instructions for "Adjusting Opening Height of Powered Trunk" might help.
Please do report back.
i came out to my car yesterday morning to find the issue resolved! I had done nothing since the previous evening except to setup an appt with Tesla mobile service. I tested the trunk opening several times throughout the day and it worked perfectly each time. I contacted service and cancelled service. I'd love to know if they sent some sort of software fix to the car or ?? but whatever was done, it's fixed today and working great.

I got this software last night on my 2022 Plaid. On my drive after installing (and also my first drive this morning), Autopilot was unavailable. I never got the indicators that it was available, and trying to engage it just gave the usual "not available" error as though I was on an unmarked road. There were no other errors. The visualization was fine, showed lanes and cars etc. I did a scroll wheel reboot with no effect. I figured the car would fall asleep overnight and be fine in the morning. This morning, not only was it still not fine, but I noticed my car did not fall asleep all night - it has always been rock-steady reliable in falling asleep quickly and sleeping consistently (unlike my 2019). I did a camera calibration on my commute in, and once it finished, Autpilot was available again. However, the car is still not sleeping. I use TeslaFi with standard sleep params which have consistently worked.

I double checked and the sleep behavior actually started the day before the software update - on Sunday it slept normally, through Monday morning when it woke up to pre-condition.

At work, it normally sleeps all day but had insomnia, falling asleep for 3 minutes and then waking back up repeatedly.
1648059760886.png

I ran an errand and came back to work and it fell asleep for 2.5 hours until I left work, and it has not fallen asleep since.

Anyone else with a refresh S/X noticing either issue?

Separately, after the update, my active noise reduction turned itself back on as it tends to do from time to time, which is annoying because ARNR is broken in my car and just creates an awful loud hum at highway speeds, but I let it finish calibrating for grins and it actually seems to be not-broken now. No hum. Not sure it did any good, but it wasn't making it unbearable like it used to.