Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2/2022 build m3p

i got this installed friday and did not drive the car until saturday (yesterday). everything was fine. car was home and no sentry was used so the car did the update and went back to deep sleep. last night whilst out, i did open up the trunk and had no issue.

today, i opened up the trunk and it stopped half way up and beeped at me twice.this never happened before and i use my trunk all the time. i manually pushed it up and when i closed it with the button on the trunk, it closed with no issue.

i am only stating this because i read others here had some issues with their trunks.

Reactions: RedBlitz
2/2022 build m3p

i got this installed friday and did not drive the car until saturday (yesterday). everything was fine. car was home and no sentry was used so the car did the update and went back to deep sleep. last night whilst out, i did open up the trunk and had no issue.

today, i opened up the trunk and it stopped half way up and beeped at me twice.this never happened before and i use my trunk all the time. i manually pushed it up and when i closed it with the button on the trunk, it closed with no issue.

i am only stating this because i read others here had some issues with their trunks.
I had the same exact thing happen to me today as well.

I upgraded my 2018 LRDM Model 3 to 2022.8.2 Friday and didn’t drive yesterday. today while driving on the highway for 15min I got ABS, AEB, traction, stability, automatic vehicle hold, and cruise control disabled. Lane departure avoidance unavailable, steering assist reduced, limited deceleration when accelerator is released and tpms moinitoring syatem fault.
There is no regen and when stopped the car will roll backwards of on a slope. You can really tell how heavy the car is when you only have the friction brakes. The power steering is either greatly reduced or gone.
5-6 reboots and two power downs didn’t change anything. I immediately ser a service appointment but it’s 4 weeks ago. Debating either driving to the SC when they open tomorrow or just calling roadside and having it towed there.
I have had the same issues. My car is currently at Tesla Service Centre Park Royal (London, UK). The service advisor said the route cause was water ingress onto the steering rack....coincidence? 🤔

For those living in a rainy climate, the front defogger is less adjustable now. It forces the fan speed to be set at 4 with AC on. Any fan speed adjustments will kick you out of defogger mode. Usually i like to leave defogger at fan speed 1 when driving in the rain. Now it needs to be left at fan speed 4 with AC on.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
What a difference with range estimates ! Drove back home from visiting family - 450 mi , 10k feet elevation, 4 charging stops in windy cool weather (14 to 32F). All charging stops were within ~ 10 mi of estimates. Kudos to the Tesla team for addressing this ! Can’t wait to see what preconditioning for scheduled supercharging will look like when they get around to it :)

I upgraded my 2018 LRDM Model 3 to 2022.8.2 Friday and didn’t drive yesterday. today while driving on the highway for 15min I got ABS, AEB, traction, stability, automatic vehicle hold, and cruise control disabled. Lane departure avoidance unavailable, steering assist reduced, limited deceleration when accelerator is released and tpms moinitoring syatem fault.
There is no regen and when stopped the car will roll backwards of on a slope. You can really tell how heavy the car is when you only have the friction brakes. The power steering is either greatly reduced or gone.
5-6 reboots and two power downs didn’t change anything. I immediately ser a service appointment but it’s 4 weeks ago. Debating either driving to the SC when they open tomorrow or just calling roadside and having it towed there.
Didja reboot after - a usual process to clear the cobwebs ?

installed last night on my 2021 m3 (Feb build) Long Range and now my trunk is behaving oddly and won't open all the way. I've gone through a reset (scroll wheel) and tried to set the height with the button to full open and no luck - the trunk just barely opens. Opening all the way manually and hitting the close button works fine though. I created a service appt for mobile service tomorrow to check it out but it seems to have started with 2022.8.2
I'm having this exact issue too and also set up a mobile appointment. Until you mentioned it I hadn't considered that 2022.8.2 might be the culprit...

Another new very annoying thing since this update: every single time I get in the car no matter how long a period of time the stupid thing turns off whatever I was listening to (usb or the radio or Spotify etc) and instead displays the message “premium connectivity is no longer available”. I’ve known this for exactly 11 months as I haven’t bothered with premium since the free month trial ran out. Is this Teslas way of annoying you into submission to buy premium. So sick of updates that cure one thing and create a multitude of new problems or give new solutions to problems that never existed. And they just remove stuff like the Boombox without any notification.