Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 2022.8.2 vs 2022.4.5.x, why is it that there is only a single 2022.8.2 release and that is the only March code line release but there are so many 2022.4.5.x releases? How does Tesla decide which releases constantly get updated and which don't? Based on this thread, it is not like 2022.8.2 is so bug free that it doesn't need patch updates. For me the car music player has developed this annoying habit of defaulting to "Choose media source" instead of just continuing to play whatever playlist/song it was playing before. Minor issue, but when combined with the long running issue of Spotify UI having connection issues when the car first wakes up, it is silence for first few minutes of drive. I guess it gives me an opportunity to notice more NVH issues. :)

Another new very annoying thing since this update: every single time I get in the car no matter how long a period of time the stupid thing turns off whatever I was listening to (usb or the radio or Spotify etc) and instead displays the message “premium connectivity is no longer available”. I’ve known this for exactly 11 months as I haven’t bothered with premium since the free month trial ran out. Is this Teslas way of annoying you into submission to buy premium. So sick of updates that cure one thing and create a multitude of new problems or give new solutions to problems that never existed. And they just remove stuff like the Boombox without any notification.
Haven't had this exactly issue since I have premium connectivity, but it does remind me of an audio issue I am having that I now wonder if it's a 2022.8.2 thing:

The player frequently gets into a state where it's not playing but the onscreen play/pause button shows pause, as if it is playing. So I have to hit the button twice (pause and then play) to get it to play again. Kind of annoying.

Haven't had this exactly issue since I have premium connectivity, but it does remind me of an audio issue I am having that I now wonder if it's a 2022.8.2 thing:

The player frequently gets into a state where it's not playing but the onscreen play/pause button shows pause, as if it is playing. So I have to hit the button twice (pause and then play) to get it to play again. Kind of annoying.
That happens on my current version with TuneIn. It's not new to 2022.8.2. Also, it sometimes gets into a state where it hangs, especially when you are driving, and I have to hit PAUSE and then PLAY to get it to start up again (but the phone app does this too so I think it's just poor software quality by TuneIn).

Reactions: Graham J
That happens on my current version with TuneIn. It's not new to 2022.8.2. Also, it sometimes gets into a state where it hangs, especially when you are driving, and I have to hit PAUSE and then PLAY to get it to start up again (but the phone app does this too so I think it's just poor software quality by TuneIn).
yeah I mostly use TuneIn so maybe that's it. I thought it happened a bit with BT but I would be less surprised by that. Thx

Sure, wait... those 50% who installed are all bricked ;)

No they aren't. If all those cars were bricked as you say then you'd be reading about it in large credible news sources, with followup articles about how Tesla had withdrawn that version. This is an internet forum where people come to complain about things that don't work for them, not where people come to confirm what DOES work for them.

I installed 2022.8.2 six days ago. No new problems that I have noticed. March-2021 M3 LR AWD, updated from 2022.4.5.3.

Reactions: Tha_Ape and cmy4x4
Legacy car chiming in. 2022.8.2 tweaked the car entry/startup visualizations a little. The old splash screen/image/sprite still shows when first entering the car. But once you hit the brakes, the image/sprite disappears and displays the car 3D model at front 3/4 angle. Once you start driving, the car 3D model spins around to the normal rear view. It's a neat effect that closely mirrors the presentation of the 3/Y and refresh S/X.

I personally hope they'll eventually just remove the old splash screen entirely.

Reactions: Wadisr
No they aren't. If all those cars were bricked as you say then you'd be reading about it in large credible news sources, with followup articles about how Tesla had withdrawn that version. This is an internet forum where people come to complain about things that don't work for them, not where people come to confirm what DOES work for them.

I installed 2022.8.2 six days ago. No new problems that I have noticed. March-2021 M3 LR AWD, updated from 2022.4.5.3.
Lol. We are in agreement: 2022.8.2 is not bricking cars. I also installed last Saturday and actually find it a good update.
I guess my attempt at humour was not well written.

Reactions: cmy4x4 and TunaBug

It's not a 2022.8.2 specific problem. I'm on 2022.4.5.17 and also have this issue occasionally with Streaming. I think it is more frequent in the last 1-2 months but I can't remember exactly if it correlates to a specific SW update.

Reactions: Graham J
Do you use your trunk? That seems to be the main issue that's seen on a lot of different vehicles.

I use the trunk 4+ times/day (stuff in to go to work, stuff out at work, stuff back in to go home, and back out at home). Sometimes from switch in back, sometimes from the screen. Not usually from the iPhone app, but tried that just now just to say I've used it. No problems at all.

Legacy car chiming in. 2022.8.2 tweaked the car entry/startup visualizations a little. The old splash screen/image/sprite still shows when first entering the car. But once you hit the brakes, the image/sprite disappears and displays the car 3D model at front 3/4 angle. Once you start driving, the car 3D model spins around to the normal rear view. It's a neat effect that closely mirrors the presentation of the 3/Y and refresh S/X.

I personally hope they'll eventually just remove the old splash screen entirely.
Thanks for pointing that out! updated to 2022.8.2 Monday night, didn’t even notice.