Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somebody is going to get fired over this update. Just tried to install, failed, now my car is bricked. Probably 3 screen shots worth of errors. George is getting angry!
Quick update for those who care. So I was preparing this morning to have car towed and my screen would not wake up. I decided to leave the door open for a few minutes…for some reason it was the only way to get the screen to wake last night with the Tesla team. Sure enough after about 10 minutes screen was back on and it appeared that the car had reverted back to the previous software version. Everything was working again. Still dropped it off at the SC and will see what happens. Here’s the screen shots of the codes it was showing…
64220665-132C-4C8A-98F5-D1932E93A5CF.jpeg

Attachments

• 5A97EDB6-B2E8-40A9-B258-F7BC1372D104.jpeg
    5A97EDB6-B2E8-40A9-B258-F7BC1372D104.jpeg
    364.5 KB · Views: 80
  • FD532C96-6E88-4CEF-8DB0-3E2F7EF9450A.jpeg
    FD532C96-6E88-4CEF-8DB0-3E2F7EF9450A.jpeg
    441 KB · Views: 81
  • Informative
Reactions: Relayer
Sure, wait... those 50% who installed are all bricked ;)
😂 I hear ya. Unlike Han Solo, I do like to know the odds.
Nevertheless, V11 (aside from the UI disaster) broke the geolocation in the browser. Most people didn't care, however I used it a lot and it ruined my ability to use TeslaWaze until several updates later. So while I get your point, it is prudent to see what pops up, especially since we are a one car family at the moment.

Reactions: AustinP
Quick update for those who care. So I was preparing this morning to have car towed and my screen would not wake up. I decided to leave the door open for a few minutes…for some reason it was the only way to get the screen to wake last night with the Tesla team. Sure enough after about 10 minutes screen was back on and it appeared that the car had reverted back to the previous software version. Everything was working again. Still dropped it off at the SC and will see what happens. Here’s the screen shots of the codes it was showing…View attachment 788068
Fascinating, this might be the first time I've ever heard of software rolling back like this. It's somewhat reassuring that that can even happen. Hope you get it back in tip top shape soon.

Don’t think this was there before, but I have discovered a Nav UI change with 22.8.2. You can now swipe up after the Nav route appears on the card that fills the left side of the NAV screen- a much smaller card with just the next direction step appears now on the top of the screen, but the whole NAV UI zooms with high resolution to a portion of the route you are on. I really like this.

Don’t think this was there before, but I have discovered a Nav UI change with 22.8.2. You can now swipe up after the Nav route appears on the card that fills the left side of the NAV screen- a much smaller card with just the next direction step appears now on the top of the screen, but the whole NAV UI zooms with high resolution to a portion of the route you are on. I really like this.
Does this zoom in more than it does when you tap on the top nav instruction to toggle between overview and close views? Or is this the same as doing that I wonder?

Didja reboot after - a usual process to clear the cobwebs ?
Five or six times. SC looked at it yesterday and determined that it was corrosion on the wire for the left wheel speed sensor behind the wheel well liner. i couldn’t get details on whey everything would become unavailable when the other 3 speed sensors worked fine and only one had a fault. I could see traction or stability control but steering, tpms, abs, etc?

I like this change as well. Sometimes my kids will get in the car before I do and that cancels the pre-conditioning until I get in. I've wished that the pre-conditioning stay on in that type of situation and sounds like this new update does just that.
I am fairly new to Tesla , so this question: why and when would do pre condition ? And how do you do it ? I charge my MY every night to 80% and in the morning I unplug when I leave for work . Am I missing something that I should be doing ?

I am fairly new to Tesla , so this question: why and when would do pre condition ? And how do you do it ? I charge my MY every night to 80% and in the morning I unplug when I leave for work . Am I missing something that I should be doing ?
Nope. You're not missing anything.

When you input a destination that is far away, if you can't make it on the charge your car currently has, Tesla will input a Tesla Supercharger into the route, where it's suggesting you stop to charge.

Prior to your arrival at the Supercharger, your car will go automatically into pre-condition, and start to warm up (or cool) the battery, to get it to the ideal temperature, so that when you arrive at the SC station, your car will charge at it's maximum speed.

There may be a setting you need to turn on to have the car pre-condition prior to getting to a Supercharger.... I honestly don't remember if I turned on a setting for that or if it just does it automatically.

When you're charging at home on a level 2 (slower) charger, the car doesn't need to pre-condition, because it's assumed you're not in a hurry to charge.

The pre-conditioning I was referring to is heating or cooling the cabin. In Minnesota it's great to get into a warm car in the winter months, so I always try to pre-heat the car. In the warmer months I don't always pre-cool the cabin though, since it matters less. I also schedule departure in the mornings on weekdays so the car is heated or cooled by the scheduled departure time.

• Helpful
Reactions: cwanja
There is another type of "Preconditioning" you can do, prior to driving in the morning. Basically, by setting a departure time, and flicking the Precondition switch in the app, your car will be warmed up when you plan to leave.

If it's really cold outside, the car will preheat the battery as well, and show some red heating strips by the % SOC in the app.

Yeah, even if you never did this so far, you haven't hurt anything. The car might not have full power or regen braking for part of your drive if starting out cold, no big deal.

I've really loved having a toasty warm car every morning. Almost makes living in a cold winter climate OK for this California native.

• Helpful
Reactions: cwanja
There is another type of "Preconditioning" you can do, prior to driving in the morning. Basically, by setting a departure time, and flicking the Precondition switch in the app, your car will be warmed up when you plan to leave.

If it's really cold outside, the car will preheat the battery as well, and show some red heating strips by the % SOC in the app.

Yeah, even if you never did this so far, you haven't hurt anything. The car might not have full power or regen braking for part of your drive if starting out cold, no big deal.

I've really loved having a toasty warm car every morning. Almost makes living in a cold winter climate OK for this California native.
I've lived in Canada most of my life and getting into (and clearing off) a freezing car is one of the big agonies of winter for me. I've only had my Tesla for a few weeks but never getting into a cold car is already a highlight of my EV experience.

Reactions: Hbrink
This isn't new, you've always been able to close the large box that way, also you can just click on the top direction and it closes.

😂 I hear ya. Unlike Han Solo, I do like to know the odds.
Nevertheless, V11 (aside from the UI disaster) broke the geolocation in the browser. Most people didn't care, however I used it a lot and it ruined my ability to use TeslaWaze until several updates later. So while I get your point, it is prudent to see what pops up, especially since we are a one car family at the moment.
I'll be nitpicking, but v11 did not break geolocation. It broke two updates before v11 (on my car anyway). v11 just carried this bug over :rolleyes:

But I understand the caution.

On the TeslaWaze topic, on my car at least, it's again usable since 2022.4.5.3. Until 2022.4.5 it would open, geoloc worked, but it would crash after a few minutes at best. Now it crashes after one hour or so. :cool: