Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be nitpicking, but v11 did not break geolocation. It broke two updates before v11 (on my car anyway). v11 just carried this bug over :rolleyes:

But I understand the caution.

On the TeslaWaze topic, on my car at least, it's again usable since 2022.4.5.3. Until 2022.4.5 it would open, geoloc worked, but it would crash after a few minutes at best. Now it crashes after one hour or so. :cool:
You are correct, sir! I remember waiting for the pre-V11 updates (that never came) because I REALLY wanted Sentry live-view. Finally got it in v11 rollout. As for the TeslaWaze browser crashing, that's also been happening awhile, I've taken to rebooting the car before trips and it seems to help.

Reactions: AustinP
Another point of reference: Since 2022.8.2 inistalled I've been receiving these. Have a SC appointment, but it's weeks away.

Attachments

• PXL_20220331_133425692.jpg
    PXL_20220331_133425692.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 144
I can't believe Tesla is still sending out this update to everyone when they know there are issues. Just hold it and send everyone the new update in a few days/weeks.
I can't believe:
1. That they still haven't given us the ability to roll back to the previous version, in case there are issues
2. That they haven't provided a way to suppress the nagging upgrade prompt once the vehicle downloads a new build, which has caused me to delete my car's WiFi credentials until I am ready to upgrade
3. That they push this stuff out the door without adequate testing in the first place

Reactions: glink182 and OxBrew
I received a message from the service department at Tesla regarding the power trunk issue. They said it appears to be a firmware issue and that I should wait until the next update is live as that should fix it, hopefully.
Sure enough...

So I guess scheduling service is a good way to let them know about software issues. Maybe I should schedule an appointment to fix Boombox ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 3.09.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 3.09.27 PM.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: RedBlitz
Running a 2018 MS P100D and 2022.8.2 hasn't completely bricked my car, but it looks like the update forced a factory reset "ish". All my driver profiles are gone, homelink is gone, all settings set to default, car had no name, no access from mobile app. Weird thing is my wifi settings were still there and my paired phones were still there.

Now for the even more fun part. All my FSD stuff I'm paying a monthly subscription for are now disabled saying "not supported in current region". Been using all the functionality for a couple months now.

I have a mobile service appointment with all the above noted. Anyone else see this behavior? Oh! My car thinks it's at Tesla HQ in California instead of South Dakota...

Attachments

• 20220331_231527.jpg
    20220331_231527.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 20220331_231537.jpg
    20220331_231537.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 20220331_235053.jpg
    20220331_235053.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 102
OK, I just updated today and have a glitch I haven’t seen anyone report in this thread.

Any time I touch the brake pedal, I get a chime and an onscreen alert that says “Both Pedals Depressed, Motor Power Disabled.“ I have regen braking set to Standard and Hold enabled, so I do a lot of one-pedal driving, but I never have the brake and accelerator pressed at the same time — which would require a bigger foot than mine.

When the alert is on, Hold is off, so the car will creep at a stop unless I keep my foot on the brake. As soon as I accelerate again, the warning disappears — but it returns again any time I touch the brake pedal, no matter what the circumstances.

I’ve disabled and renewed settings, rebooted twice and powered off, but nothing changes. It’s irritating, and I wonder if anyone here had a similar experience or knows a fix?

Last edited:
Have you been reading the posts here? Lots of issues. Removing credentials seems to be the way to prevent updates.

If you have some other suggestion feel free to enlighten us rather than taking jabs at me.
Removing credentials is not necessary to prevent updates. Just don't allow the vehicle to perform the update. Removing credentials was necessary to avoid being constantly nagged about updating however, but you can avoid updating even if the car downloads the update...

The car will still download a few updates over LTE, but a lot fewer than with WiFi on. I have had WiFi off since December 2020 (in retrospect a fantastic idea). I think I have gotten about 5 updates downloaded over LTE since then, I just refused them and lived with the nag for a few weeks each until they went away (just dismissed it every time I got in the car by pressing the 'x' in the corner. Not fantastic, but better then the alternative.

Reactions: KArnold