Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car will still download a few updates over LTE, but a lot fewer than with WiFi on. I have had WiFi off since December 2020 (in retrospect a fantastic idea). I think I have gotten about 5 updates downloaded over LTE since then, I just refused them and lived with the nag for a few weeks each until they went away (just dismissed it every time I got in the car by pressing the 'x' in the corner. Not fantastic, but better then the alternative.
just be aware that Tesla can deny a warranty claim (should you have one) if you don't stay on the current software.

I held off updating for awhile then decided I care more about the warranty.

2021 MY LR. No FSD, Radar equipped.

I've noticed that AP seems to wander in the lane much more since I got 2022.8.2, struggles to stay in the lane on bends more than before, I also get much more frequent "forward collision warnings" when traveling on empty back roads. The rear corner sensors seemed much more sensitive to nothing in rain this morning. All of this is on the roads I drive every day. Seems to have bee some sort of step backwards in the AP for me.

I see the 8.2 removes Boombox now except when in Park. It's downloaded but I hadn't planned on installing until today. My wife mostly drives the Y and our grandson loves to turn on the Boombox with our custom Lambo sound for his buddies at schoo0l pickup. Guess he'll lose that now. I'll have to tell him to thank Missy Cummings for taking his fun away.
Going out to install it now.

BTW- my wife rarely uses AP so that quality won't be missed.

2021 MY LR. No FSD, Radar equipped.

I've noticed that AP seems to wander in the lane much more since I got 2022.8.2, struggles to stay in the lane on bends more than before, I also get much more frequent "forward collision warnings" when traveling on empty back roads. The rear corner sensors seemed much more sensitive to nothing in rain this morning. All of this is on the roads I drive every day. Seems to have bee some sort of step backwards in the AP for me.
I went for a highway drive last night and noticed the AP swaying a lot more too. With that, the liftgate thing and Boombox I'm really regretting installing 2022.8.2. There really needs to be rollback capability.

Finished update to 2022.8.2

Boombox on drive has been removed. Here are before and after screen shots:
Driving sound Before2022.8.2 .jpg

Driving sound After 2022.8.2.jpg

Also removed are the turn signal repeater camera views. My wife is not happy about that!

There is no "how to get it". It is basically a random or obscure logic at Tesla deciding who will go straight to 2022.8.2 or take a detour to 2022.4.5.17 to nag for cabin camera data. Maybe when Tesla gets enough opt-ins for cabin camera data, the people on 2022.4.5.17 will move on to 2022.8.x.
I got an update to 2022.8.3 yesterday. Not sure if this is a small step to my getting in the queue for the FSD beta or not. But holding on to a score of 99 and hoping to see FSD beta before the summer traveling.

I found a weird bug. When I set the climate temperature to 19.5 C, this setting sometimes will be rounded by the car to 20 C next time I drive, but other times it would be kept as 19.5 C just fine. I haven't figured out in what situation it would be rounded yet.

Same. Not sure why we didn’t just jump to 2022.12

Tesla's software updates don't work the way anyone would expect. They roll out gradually to reduce risk and there are multiple branches in the field at a time to do beta testing (with no bug report channel).

See this post for more info. No need to read following posts; mods move many similar questions to that thread.

Tesla's software updates don't work the way anyone would expect. They roll out gradually to reduce risk and there are multiple branches in the field at a time to do beta testing (with no bug report channel).

See this post for more info. No need to read following posts; mods move many similar questions to that thread.
I'm in software myself so I get phased releases but I would expect a week 12 release to have everything in week 8 and if so it would seem pointless to continue rolling out week 8. I'm sure there are reasons but it looks odd from a consumer point of view.

If it was just about features I wouldn't mind but 8.3 still doesn't fix my tailgate so I'd really like whatever version that does as soon as possible.

Reactions: RedBlitz