Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeh I got it this afternoon. Bug fixes for sure. I only hope they fixed the auto headlights. Every since .8.2 update they were completely unusable. On, off, on, off...flashing on coming cars...crazy!
Before that I was thinking how good they wrre working in my new Plaid (it was a 2021.x.102 or something. Then I got the .08.2 and it was horrible.
Its kind of like box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get lol .

Had that issue until I changed to an SD card and USB SD card reader... That's the only way I was able to get it to work reliably (knock on wood)
I’ve used a high end usb thumb drive for almost 2 years, worked perfectly. About a month ago the problem started so I bought a new one with more memory and the problem is still there. I’ve tried it with 4 thumb drives and a microsd card + reader and they all fail until I reboot.

I’ve used a high end usb thumb drive for almost 2 years, worked perfectly. About a month ago the problem started so I bought a new one with more memory and the problem is still there. I’ve tried it with 4 thumb drives and a microsd card + reader and they all fail until I reboot.
As my father-in-law would say, "That's very no good..." Mine did that early one and it was severely frustrating. I DID get it to work when I formatted it on a PC and then put it back in the car (if that helps any). Not sure if the format function of the car is messing something up or what.

Just an idea. I really wish they could concentrate on some of these frustrating bugs. I would be irate if there were an accident and I missed the recordings because of a USB Mass Storage bug.

Looks like more 2022.8.3 are being pushed in another wave (according to TeslaFi.). Let's hope it fixes your USB issue... And other annoying things.

I have the same errors after upgrade or reboot. Both USB stick and SD Memory Card give me errors. It usually works after I unplug USB devices and plug them back when the system is up and running. If it doesn't help then reboot again while USB devices are unplugged. Then plug them back 2-5 min later after reboot process is over.

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Just received update 2022.8.3 on my 2018 M3. I should be able to toggle cabin camera analytics, but it doesn’t show up on my release notes. I am already data sharing, but nothing states “camera” analytics. What am I missing?
Camera analytics is for Tesla to use data for their camera analytics, not for owner to see. Here is the release note for 2022.8.3
"Help Tesla improve the intelligence of features that rely on cabin camera by sharing analytics from your vehicle. When enabled, cabin camera data will be shared with Tesla if the vehicle experiences a safety critical event like a collision, or if cabin camera functionality requires diagnostics to perform. This data includes short cabin camera video clips to help us further develop future safety features and software enhancements such as collision avoidance updates. As usual, you can adjust your data sharing preferences by tapping Controls > Software > Data Sharing > Allow Cabin Camera Analytics."

Anyone else experiencing phatom draining about 3-4% after the update?

I already made sure that sentry mode is off, my daily drive distance and habits have been the same. (Such as same speed, same parking spot, temperature range between 65-70 deg) i wonder what else is draining my battery.

This is the screen I see after tapping on data sharing.

922F5C88-1C65-41AB-A772-FA4A9D42BCB2.jpeg