Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is mildly annoying.... Just got 2022.8.3 and now Slacker won't work on my M3LR.

I've had the car for a month, got Premium Connectivity (if that matters). Never had to log in to Slacker, it just worked from the day I took delivery. Apparently it's been logged out due to the OTA update. When asked to log in with my Tesla credentials - no dice. It's offering me a userid (email) + password login, but never having set up an account I don't have those credentials to share ... because like I said it just worked when Elon handed me the card keys last month.

Done the scroll wheel reset, no joy. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 913155FA-DB53-448B-B461-A24BEE3F1A2B.jpeg
    913155FA-DB53-448B-B461-A24BEE3F1A2B.jpeg
    819.3 KB · Views: 184
  • D6869736-242E-439F-B411-2E58028E9824.jpeg
    D6869736-242E-439F-B411-2E58028E9824.jpeg
    727.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 9D365FBD-3F96-4A1D-BA75-188CB95E8B43.jpeg
    9D365FBD-3F96-4A1D-BA75-188CB95E8B43.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
Your release notes is missing the cabin camera note.

Mine shows a pic of the cabin in black and white and talks about the cabin camera.

What’s your update version? Just saw it’s the same. Odd. Already tried to reboot? Updated the app?View attachment 791474

Yes, I have the latest phone app update and have not rebooted the main screen. I’ll give it a try, but I plan to ask Tesla. I wonder if this applies only to V3 hardware? I have V2.5.

Reactions: Floydsox
So this is mildly annoying.... Just got 2022.8.3 and now Slacker won't work on my M3LR.

I've had the car for a month, got Premium Connectivity (if that matters). Never had to log in to Slacker, it just worked from the day I took delivery. Apparently it's been logged out due to the OTA update. When asked to log in with my Tesla credentials - no dice. It's offering me a userid (email) + password login, but never having set up an account I don't have those credentials to share ... because like I said it just worked when Elon handed me the card keys last month.

Done the scroll wheel reset, no joy. Any recommendations?

Okay everybody, thanks for your concern (lol). A second reboot fixed the problem. I know you're all relieved. :)

As an aside, when touching the Sign In button and being presented with the screen below, the email address field originally pre-populated with "@tesla.com". I don't know that I know what my tesla.com email address is, and I was reluctant to try the gmail-based login I use on my Tesla app (and the Tesla website) since I would be sharing that address AND that password with a music streaming service - didn't think that would be a grand idea.

IMG_20220409_170415083.jpg

So... at the risk of sounding like a doofus... DO I have a tesla.com email address, and if so how do I find out what it is?

Okay everybody, thanks for your concern (lol). A second reboot fixed the problem. I know you're all relieved. :)

As an aside, when touching the Sign In button and being presented with the screen below, the email address field originally pre-populated with "@tesla.com". I don't know that I know what my tesla.com email address is, and I was reluctant to try the gmail-based login I use on my Tesla app (and the Tesla website) since I would be sharing that address AND that password with a music streaming service - didn't think that would be a grand idea.

View attachment 791860

So... at the risk of sounding like a doofus... DO I have a tesla.com email address, and if so how do I find out what it is?
I would sign in with your slacker account email and password. Should have nothing to do with a Tesla email which I didn’t get either.

Your release notes is missing the cabin camera note.

Mine shows a pic of the cabin in black and white and talks about the cabin camera.

What’s your update version? Just saw it’s the same. Odd. Already tried to reboot? Updated the app?
You likely have a "new" Tesla with an Autopilot 3.0 (ie: FSD) Computer. My 2018 Model 3 with Autopilot 2.5 Computer does not have this entry in the release notes for 2022.8.3 or the 2022.8.2 release before that. The AP computer version is available in Settings > Software > Additional Info on the vehicle display. There are lots of software feature differences in Tesla vehicles based on the age of the vehicle (the installed hardware). If your vehicle doesn't support a feature that requires newer or older hardware, that feature is simply not mentioned in your Release Notes.

You likely have a "new" Tesla with an Autopilot 3.0 (ie: FSD) Computer. My 2018 Model 3 with Autopilot 2.5 Computer does not have this entry in the release notes for 2022.8.3 or the 2022.8.2 release before that. The AP computer version is available in Settings > Software > Additional Info on the vehicle display. There are lots of software feature differences in Tesla vehicles based on the age of the vehicle (the installed hardware). If your vehicle doesn't support a feature that requires newer or older hardware, that feature is simply not mentioned in your Release Notes.

That is the same conclusion I came to. Cabin Analytics was not included in my summary and I also have a 2018 M3 with 2.5 hardware.

Reactions: binaryOpeartor